PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Project Coordinator’s main role is to coordinate and manage the implementation of WV Iraq’s projects/programs. This includes active participation in project/program design, Provide support in the development, planning, implementation and monitoring of WASH Projects, coordination with stakeholders such as the government, NGOs, (and UN), Planning, documentation, monitoring, evaluation, research, capacity building and representing WV in different forums/meetings.
The main objectives of the project are:
Given a long-standing organizational emphasis on expanding access to improved water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) services through a mix of new infrastructure construction and social behaviour change communications, the technical areas of water security and resilience, governance and finance, and crosscutting theme of gender equality and social inclusion (GESI) represent less familiar intervention areas. While such emphases have served an important purpose, the 2021-2025 Business Plan recognizes the need to look beyond traditional intervention areas, bringing greater intentionality to underlying issues associated with sustainability, financing, and inclusion
WASH Project Supervision:
- Review designs, specifications, BOQ and conditions of contract issued by Water Directorate , Directorate of Education and Directorate of Health attend all site level meetings with Contractor and both directorates
- Create BoQ and design and assist in tendering documents
- Manage WASH team for Gender equality and Social Inclusion In WASH Program
- Manage WASH Team for rehabilitation of Disability Inclusive WASH and female-friendly sanitation facilities in schools and Health centers
- Assist in undertaking capacity building trainings on project on gender , disability , leadership skills, WASH behaviors, financial literacy , life skills training and women empowerment for GESI representative WASH groups and other groups involved in the project
- Support in facilitating of business plan development for female WASH entrepreneurs
- Support in Develop final research reports and materials for advocacy based on the gender and disability assessments and project evaluation for the promotion of GESI in the WASH sector
- Support in project documentation, evidence building and Develop impact stories for the project beneficiaries
- Support in identification of local disability organization (DPO) for partnership to support in identification of PLWDs, raising awareness and their voices in the design of project activities
- Monitor and inspect private contractor work at vital construction milestones per project schedule
- Conduct WASH rapid needs assessments in the field.
- As a result of the assessments, assist with identification of specific project locations, design and implementation of appropriate WASH interventions with coordination with The Zonal Manager and WASH technical advisor.
- Prepare specifications and documentation for the procurement of key WASH related supplies.
- When required, assist in establishing and maintaining UN led coordination’s through WASH cluster for WASH interventions both at National and field level.
- Prepare project technical reports, and assist Zonal Manager and WASH Technical Advisor in project proposals and periodic reports.
- Assist in facilitation of the promotion of WASH program impact on and potential for conflict between beneficiaries and non-beneficiaries, and adjust program accordingly
- Develop design plans, working drawings, technical specifications, bill of quantities as per approved standards
- Ensure that all WASH and GESI components are implemented as per the project papers and including: design, developing of bills of quantities for water supplies, sanitation, hygiene promotion and female friendly sanitation facilities in public places and within provisions of the project budget;
- Develop, negotiate and manage contracts with service providers (may include preparation of tender documents for purposes of soliciting bids/tenders from contractors for the said project.
- Assist in ensuring the close liaison and consultation with IDP Communities leaders during implementation of the WASH services as per project document requirement.
- Coordinate and supervise implementation works including managing construction contracts.
- Manage and update budget
Project Management (Quality Implementation, Financial & Risk Management)
- Assist in establishing and oversight of implementation of systems for efficiently controlling the quality of technical works; closely tracking works progress against payment and work plans, and controlling the quality of the final construction outputs as per donor and user community expectations.
- Assist in applying Quality benchmark too on the project in coordination with Meal team
- Maintain construction budgets components to ensure appropriate and efficient use of resources in the project and area of operation.
- Follow up with the finance and procurement for the approvals to ensure that the delivery of materials is in line with the implementation of the activities at site
- Day to day grant management, and ensure that the persons under his supervision implement project activities as stated in the Grant agreement and expenditures are as per grant guidelines.
- Give variance explanation for monthly financial reports and budget project when required.
- Local partners’ management to make sure they perform their duties as stated in the MoU
Coordination with local community groups/ Government Departments/ Other stakeholders (Internal and External):
- When required, in collaboration with Zonal Manager and WASH technical Advisor, Represent World Vision at interagency coordination – Representing the organization and actively participate in the WASH Cluster Meetings to review progress, as well as attending state level WASH Cluster meetings.
- Coordinate day-to-day operation and financial management of the construction works and re-measured all implemented works in the field in accordance with the approved project work plans and liaison with Zonal Manager and WASH Technical Advisor.
- Support in Liaising with beneficiary community, WASH cluster and local authorities in the selection of project sites as per requirement of the project design.
- When required and in collaboration with Zonal Manager and WASH Technical Advisor, Represent WVI KRI WASH projects on internal WV CoPs, working groups within Syria Response and outside.
Monitoring, Reporting and Administration
- Ensure that project documentation is prepared, including weekly and monthly project reports on implementation/ construction status, as per requirements of World Vision
- Conduct regular development inspections highlighting potential area of concern
- Support Zonal Manager in liaising with Finance and Grants team in tracking WASH component project expenditure, reviewing financial reports, and addressing queries of related expenditure in timely manner.
- To ensure quality project implementation is in line with WV, local and international standards.
- Give weekly updates to zonal manager and technical advisors as per need and prepare monthly project reports to zonal manager.
Staff Management (Learning and capacity building)
- Staff capacity building on local and international standards eg Sphere, Do no harm, IASC, Good enough guide etc
- staff performance management for persons reporting directly to him
- Ensure that organizational security measures and directives are integrated into project.
- Any other duties relating to the nature of the job
- Other tasks as requested by the Line Manager and/or Response Manager
- Responsible of own security and actively contribute to a positive security culture
- Abide by the security policies and procedures and report any incidents or breaches to line manager and / or security manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject (Civil / Environmental / Public Health Engineering).
- Relevant master’s degree would be an advantage.
- Experience managing and leading grant implementation is highly advantageous.
- 4-6 years’ experience in grant project management. Strong generalist background essential, but technical sector expertise advantageous.
- Demonstrated experience working with NGO projects in a leadership role
- Demonstrated experience in emergency response
- 4-6 years of development and/or relief work at the programmatic level.
- Experience in integrated program/project cycle management
- Experience living and working in a fragile context
- Mentoring within cross-cultural contexts.
- Demonstrated technical and professional aptitude in project management in a fragile context. Understanding of multi-sector project implementation essential i.e. a thorough understanding of key sector interventions at a programme/operational level i.e. familiarity with Economic Recovery Interventions, Food Security, Cash Assistance programming.
- Relevant professional experience managing and implementing large emergency/development projects
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office i.e. Excel, Power point, Word etc
- Demonstrated understanding of the humanitarian sector
- Demonstrated understanding of the workings of major donor agencies, particularly USAID/FFP/OFDA.
- Advanced written and oral English skills i.e. the ability to express ideas clearly and effectively, both in spoken and written English.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of project cycle elements, M&E systems design and management.
- Understanding of integrated rural community development programming and processes.
- Strong capacity building and facilitation skills.
- Cross-cultural and gender sensitivity, flexible worldview, emotional maturity and physical stamina.
- Self-starter who can work independently under pressure and who has ability to manage work tasks without direct supervision.
- Effective in establishing priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor activities, juggle competing demands and work to tight deadlines.
- Strong ability to work with and relate to diverse personality types, to practice relational and ideological tolerance, and to contribute to a positive organizational culture.
- Ability to maintain performance expectations and healthy social interactions in psychologically stressful environments and physical hardship conditions with limited resources.
- Willing to travel as required.
- Able to live and work within a fragile context and restricted environment.
- Commitment to World Vision Core Values, Vision and Mission Statement.
- Knowledge of and adherence to the Red Cross and NGO Code of Conduct and capability of incorporating standards in implementation and evaluation of relevant projects.
- Fluency in local language(s).
- Presence according to WVI P&C policy.
- Up to 60 Per Cent domestic travel.