Posted: Oct 28, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200305161
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. Are you passionate about how we ensure the integrity of our environmental work? As a certifications and standards program manager on Apple’s Environment, Policy and Social Initiatives team, you will manage and drive the development and implementation of internal and external relationships to assure the highest integrity and conformance to best practices for our environmental initiatives — with a focus on circular economy and climate. You will partner closely with Apple Operations and Hardware Engineering to implement the smooth integration of core standards into environmental projects within Apple’s product supply chain. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it!
- Strong understanding of circular economy certifications, mass-balance accounting, chain-of-custody dynamics, and third-party validation/ certification processes
- Strong understanding of global supply chains and supply chain management
- Background or experience with sustainability and environmental topics and fundamentals (such as: sustainable design, planning policy, waste, carbon/energy, responsible sourcing, water, land use change, biodiversity, and certification systems)
- Experience working in and building cross-functional teams, resolving issues, building consensus and working towards agreements during the entire project lifecycle and after the initial project phases are complete
- Ability to build and maintain strong and positive relationship across the organization
- Experience interacting with interdisciplinary project teams and international partners
- Able to communicate effectively in a worldwide environment, and to rapidly synthesize and communicate findings to senior leaders
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical information in a concise way to a non-technical audience, and vice versa
- Ability to manage and organize multiple projects with competing priorities and different timescales (i.e.: checkpoints with long-term goals while completing shorter term goals)
You will work with cross-functional environmental, operations, procurement, finance, government affairs and legal teams to champion, drive, and coordinate internal and external voluntary environmental standards and certifications You will support operations teams with the implementation of third-party validation for recycled and renewable content as needed You will build upon existing, and where needed develop new, relationships with key NGOs on technical voluntary standards initiatives related to the circular economy and climate You will serve as an expert internal reference for teams navigating complex technical requirements related to the validity of environmental claims
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree in environmental science, economics/business, supply chain management or other technical/scientific field. Advanced degree in engineering, project management, or management science is a plus.