$95,400 annually – $116,600 annually
$83,472 annually – $128,529 annually
Denver Water’s Water Resource Strategy division is currently seeking a qualified candidate to join our team as a Senior Engineer. The Senior Engineer will be part of the Water Rights group and serve as a subject matter expert responsible for analyzing and negotiating terms and conditions necessary to protect, develop, or acquire water rights as well as operating agreements.
Join our team to work on:
- Colorado River Issues
- Front Range Water Supplies
- Protecting the water supply for 1.5 million people
- Becoming the best water utility in the nation!
If you are looking to join a dedicated team, that enjoys part-time work-from-home options, and alternate work schedules and flexible hours (Monday – Friday) look no further and apply today!
Perform complex water rights, hydrologic, planning, pre-design, system modeling, water accounting, and operations engineering studies and analysis with respect to all areas of the department’s water resource efforts. Lead special projects requiring strong technical ability, project management skills, and knowledge of raw water operations, water resources planning and management, and/or water resources modeling and analysis.
This position has formal supervisory responsibilities over other employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Represent Denver Water as an expert in court proceedings, negotiations, litigation, and hearings through technical engineering analyses, reports, expert opinions, and other oral or written testimony.
- Ability to solve operational problems on projects, and responsible for developing timely solutions. Serve as the key technical staff specialist in the application of advanced theories, concepts, principles, and processes for an assigned area of responsibility.
- Design and coordinate critical engineering projects. Propose and implement documentation and programs to measure, track, monitor, and improve progress.
- Serve as project manager for a variety of engineering projects often in a highly specialized area.
- Resolve disputes and perform contract administration duties.
- Assign and direct work of professional and technical personnel within an assigned unit, provide technical guidance, and quality control checks.
- Manage consultants, contracts, and provide direction for technical methodology and negotiation strategy.
- Develop and vet terms and conditions with peers both inside and outside Denver Water.
- Maintain liaison and represent Denver Water at meetings. Resolve disputes with outside public and private organizational representatives.
- Responsible for coordinating activities across divisions and sections required to complete projects in a timely manner.
- Perform related work as required.Position Requirements
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in engineering (Water Resources, Civil, Agricultural, Environmental, or similar).
- Minimum 8 years of related work experience, which includes 4 years as a licensed engineer.
- Any equivalent combination of certifications, education, or experience that provides the required skills, knowledge, and abilities for the position.
Preferred experience includes but is not limited to:
- Project management
- Development of contract documents
- Interpreting and developing operating agreements
- Preparing and reviewing filings with the water court
Licenses, Registration, and Certifications
About Denver Water
- Professional Engineer licensed in the State of Colorado.
- Must be able to possess and maintain a valid Class ‘R’ Colorado driver’s license and have a satisfactory driving record.
Denver Water is committed to creating a diverse work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
Applications will be accepted until a sufficient number is received. Denver Water reserves the right to either close or extend a posting.
Denver Water proudly serves high-quality water and promotes its efficient use to 1.5 million people in the city of Denver and many surrounding suburbs. Denver Water aspires to be the best water utility in the nation. The organization is a responsible steward of the resources, assets, and natural environment entrusted to us to provide a high-quality water supply, a resilient and reliable system, and excellent customer service.
Denver Water offers excellent benefits that include a pension plan, 401K Plan with a 3% match, 457 Deferred Compensation Plan, Health and Dental coverage, Life Insurance, and Paid Time Off. A background check will be conducted to verify the information submitted on the application. Please be sure that all information on the application is correct and complete, do not say “see resume”. If the application is not fully completed, we (Denver Water), will not accept your application.
We are committed to the health and well-being of our employees. Smoking, including e-cigarettes, is prohibited on all Denver Water property.
An offer of employment may be contingent upon satisfactory results of a post-offer drug test. Denver Water tests for the following: amphetamines, cocaine, marijuana (THC), opiates, phencyclidine (PCP), and alcohol. A strength test may also be conducted due to the physical requirements of the position.
Denver Water is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to building a culturally diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, People of Color, veterans, and people with disabilities.
1600 W. 12th Ave.
Denver, CO. 80204-3412