Classification: Professional Officer Class 2
Salary: $88,899 – $101,743 plus superannuation
Position No: 47792
Directorate:Environment, Planning and Sustainable Development
Advertised (Gazettal date): 27 October 2021
Contact Officer: Danswell Starrs on [email protected] or (02) 6207 7032
Details: The position of data analyst will report to the Manager, Water Science, Monitoring and Modelling.
The position sits within the ACT Healthy Waterways team and will work with multiple teams across the Environment Heritage and Water Division within the Environment, Planning and Sustainable Development Directorate.
The Data Analyst will provide expert advice and analytical support to primarily citizen science programs that are supported by the ACT Government.
The successful candidate will possess skills and experience in
- communicating scientific concepts and information across a wide range of stakeholders.
- statistical data analysis, developing and implementing experimental designs for environmental science research and/or citizen science programs.
- presentation and interpretation of data, including graphical presentation of data and reporting of results to a wide range of audiences.
- A degree or diploma of an Australian tertiary institution, or a comparable overseas qualification, which is appropriate to the duties of the position;
- A current ACT or equivalent driver’s licence.
Notes: This is a temporary part-time position (22.05 hours per week) available immediately for 12 months with the possibility of permanency. The above full-time salary will be pro-rata. A Merit Pool will be established from this selection process and will be used to fill vacancies over the next 12 months. This position will be moving to a new workplace designed for activity-based working (ABW). Under ABW arrangements, officers will not have a designated workstation/desk.
How to Apply: Please provide a written response to each of the Selection Criteria (maximum of 350 words each) and a curriculum vitae.
Applications should be submitted via the Apply Now button below.
This is a temporary part-time position (22.05 hours per week) available immediately for 12 months with the possibility of permanency.