- Job-ID: V000047710
- Assignment period: 04/01/2022 – 03/31/2026
- Field: Water resources management
- Type of employment: full- or part-time
- Application deadline: 12/08/2021
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a state owned organisation. We work worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ International Services (InS) is an integral division of GIZ. We offer the experience, the regional and technical know-how of GIZ in the global market and provide international clients with expertise in terms of economic and result-oriented services.
GIZ International Services is shortlisted for the EU-funded tender: „Revival of Balochistan Water Resources Programme” in Pakistan.
The general objective of the Revival of Balochistan Water Resources Programme is to contribute to the transition of agriculture and livestock farming systems in Balochistan (Pakistan) achieving lower water intensity and improving environmental and economic sustainability.
The purposes of this contract are as follows:
- To strengthen governance of water resources and rangelands in Balochistan.
- To develop alternative agricultural and livestock farming systems based on low water agro-economy, including agronomic practices leading to groundwater replenishment.
- To increase availability of qualified agro-technology cadres able to integrate and provide on-farm technical know-how and climate-relevant advise to farmers.
The expert’s direct involvement in specific result areas will depend upon his/her experience and will be defined in the Organisation & Methodology to be proposed by the Contractor. S/He shall be based in Quetta. The minimum percentage of time that the expert should work in the partner country is 85 %.
Qualification and skills
- A Bachelor degree, or equivalent, in economy, business administration, or in any field directly related to the action
- Post graduate studies (Master degree) and/or specific trainings in agricultural development, development studies, or a related discipline
- Full working knowledge of English and excellent report writing skills
General Professional experience
- At least 5 years’ professional experience relevant to the post
- At least 5 years’ professional experience in low or lower-middle income countries
- At least 5 years’ professional experience in implementing agricultural value addition projects. Additional years of such experience will be taken into consideration in the evaluation of the candidate.
- Professional experience in volatile environments
- Experience of EU programmes, especially in the implementation of these programmes, is an advantage though not considered essential
Specific professional experience
- Experience in implementing at least 2 different programmes related to poverty reduction through support to agricultural value chains
- Experience in leading policy dialogue and development partners coordination in the field of economic development
- Experience in public finance management
- Experience in the Monitoring and Evaluation of economic development programmes and policies
- Prior experience in gender issues in a rural context is an asset
The Technical Assistance Team will be based in Quetta, with frequent field trips for all experts to the different districts of the Balochistan Province and to Islamabad.
Exchange or study trips to other provinces of Pakistan may occasionally be needed. International trips may also be planned for.
Start date & period of implementation
The intended start date is 1st April 2022, and the period of implementation of the contract will be 48 months from this date.
Please understand that we can accept and process applications in principle only, via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some providers classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disabilities, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
Please send us an updated CV in EuropeAid format in English.
Your professional and personal development is important to us. At GIZ, you will be offered global work opportunities and an atmosphere that is characterised by diversity, respect and genuine equal opportunities. Our benefits are also impressive in terms of work-life balance and family friendliness. Flexible working hours that fit your life situation are an integral part of our corporate culture.
GIZ is a signatory of the Diversity Charter. Recognition, appreciation and inclusion of diversity in the company are important to us. All employees shall be valued – regardless of gender and gender identity, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
+49 6196 79-3039