Strategic Communications Intern
GWP’s vision is a water secure world. To realise this vision GWP supports countries to advance governance and management of water resources for sustainable and equitable development. This is pursued by promoting Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM), a cross-sectoral policy approach designed to replace the traditional, fragmented sectoral approach that has led to poor services and unsustainable resource use. As a means to achieving long-term impact towards water security, GWP seeks to influence water governance processes through the promotion of IWRM principles. Policy development, strategic planning, legislative change, investment planning and transboundary agreements are examples of such processes and it is here that GWP actively contributes both inside and outside the ‘water box’ at the global, regional, national and subnational levels. The GWPO Communications/Knowledge Management mission is to build the communications and knowledge management capacity of the Network so it delivers knowledge that improves the way water is managed.
1. Social Media
· Support GWP’s social media platforms and write content for use on social media.
· Support and develop strategic social media plans (researching hashtags, participants, speakers, content, messaging, etc.) for events and digital campaigns.
· Draft key messages relevant for GWP’s activities that can be used in GWP’s online presence.
· Assist in collecting images and knowledge resources that can be used in GWP’s online presence.
2. Website, SEO & analytics
· Support in updating GWP’s website (global + regional sites)
· Support in setting up SEO goals, research trends and best practices online in order to develop and implement strategies that improve search results
· Support in measuring and analyzing analytics (social media and website)
3. Online meetings/communities of practice
· Support in researching and strengthening GWP’s knowledge sharing community and collaboration work in a connected network.
4. Event support
· Support communications activities vis-à-vis GWP’s participation in events, including exhibitions and side events.