Job ID: R-24712
Category: Supply Chain
Location: London, England
Date posted: 11/05/2021
JOB TITLE: Climate & Nature Program Coordinator
LOCATION: 100VE London
Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home and Personal Care products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2 billion consumers a day. Unilever has more than 400 brands found in homes around the world, including Persil, Dove, Knorr, Domestos, Hellmann’s, Lipton, Wall’s, PG Tips, Ben & Jerry’s, Marmite, Magnum and Lynx. Faced with the challenge of climate change and the need for human development, we want to move towards a world where everyone can live well and within the natural limits of the planet. That’s why our purpose is ‘to make sustainable living commonplace”
In September 2020, Unilever announced the intention to build a new sustainable campus site in Kingston, London to house the employees who currently work in 100 Victoria Embankment in Blackfriars, Lever House in Kingston, Unilever House in Leatherhead and Graze in Richmond. We are creating our own Unilever sustainable, agile work environment, purposefully bringing us together in our own Unilever ecosystem. The campus is due to be completed in December 2023 and will consist of two interconnected buildings, as well as landscaped surrounding areas.
Is Impact one of your key drivers? Unilever Climate & Nature Fund is looking for its first Climate & Nature Program Coordinator. This is an exciting leadership role in Unilever’s Climate & Nature Fund Team and a unique opportunity to join a new adventure that will spearhead the sustainable transformation in fast moving consumer goods.
In 2020, Unilever announced the creation of a €1 billion fund to be used over the next 10 years to take meaningful and decisive action to protect the health of the planet and connect sustainability with our superior value creation model.
The Fund team will support our brands and businesses to identify, select and structure relevant program and projects. Landscape restoration, reforestation, carbon sequestration, wildlife protection and water preservation are all within the scope of this fund, building on Unilever’s brand-led initiatives that are already underway.
The role will lead a portfolio of projects in the C&N Fund portfolio. Leading includes strategy design and implementing balanced scorecards and metrics with portfolio sustainability and procurement teams which will be used to manage and track implementation across strategic suppliers and the tail supply base and across portfolios. The role will also have the responsibility for putting in place actions and further sales & operations planning which will systematically drive improved transparency and traceability across Unilever’s supply chain.
The role will require capability to manage the achievement of portfolio programs and targets with external partners, procurement portfolios and supplier teams while having an acute financial acumen to manage cost and return on investments in this area.
The role requires leadership ability, exceptional project and stakeholder management skills, excellent communication capability, analytical skills.
The job scope will consist of:
Coordinate all key steps of C&N Fund projects portfolio with internal and external stakeholders
- Build an efficient working atmosphere with all project stakeholders to reach alignment on the ambition of the C&N fund
- Be a source of proposals and creativity regarding the orientation given to new large-scale projects
Identify best-in-class nature based and technical models adapted to local geographies for farmers and UL brand and sourcing teams
- Co-build the technical impact model with technical experts, NGOs, private companies, Sustainable Sourcing team
- Be a point of contact for market business unit both identifying needs and to ensuring projects impact are fully leveraged at their benefit
- Implement KPI’s to monitor the measure of project impacts across the full value chain
ALL ABOUT YOU
Personal Competencies Required:
- Must be a self-starter with strong Bias for Action, Accountability & Responsibility and Growth Mindset
- Must be able to manage and lead senior relationships with senior internal stakeholders
- Must be a strong executor, being able to work independently and virtually
- Must lead both processes and people across a broad and diverse geographic and business environment
- Strong at selling ideas to his/her business partners, internally and externally, translating these into effective proposals conveying value and communicating it accordingly
- Professional sustainability qualification, Environmental Studies, Environmental Economics, or other relevant major
- Project management experience
- Exceptional analytical skills and strategic thinking capabilities
- Exceptional communication and influencing skills
- Market awareness and insights of commodities across the business
- Proven leadership and change management capability
Professional Skills & Experience Required:
- Professional experience related to the fields of sustainability, sustainable sourcing, environmental and social development work
- Expertise in agronomics/agroecology/forestry management is a plus
- Strong program and change management skills in sourcing, operations, supply chain
- Proven experience in a division and market context to enhance the C&N Fund connection to the business
- Demonstrated ability to motivate/influence colleagues and in the process holding oneself as well as others accountable for reaching ambitiously set targets
- Strong stakeholder management & communication
- Experience in dealing with environmental and social non-governmental organizations (NGOs)
- Experience in commodity standards, certification, and roundtables
WHAT WE OFFER
Not only do we offer a competitive salary, but also our pension scheme, an annual bonus, a free gym, a staff shop and shares. You’ll get the opportunity to work directly with our renowned and exciting brands in a flexible and agile environment. We strive to achieve a family-friendly culture and to, above all, create possibilities for all.
Diversity at Unilever is about inclusion, embracing differences, creating possibilities and growing together for better business performance. We embrace diversity in our workforce. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants and continuing development of all employees regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity.
Cyber criminals advertise fake job adverts with prestigious employers as a way of stealing information or even defrauding individuals out of money.
In the most sophisticated cases, they will set up fake websites, which have a similar address to companies like Unilever. They even conduct fake telephone interviews and then offer candidates a role with the proviso they pay a fee for background checks or to cover work visa costs. These types of attacks are becoming more common as more people are looking for employment in the economic climate.
How is Unilever tackling this?
Many of Unilever’s recruitment sites publish a warning to candidates about recruitment fraud. The Cyber Security team also proactively scan for signs of people setting up fake Unilever sites and act to close them down.
What can I do?
If you become aware of potential recruitment fraud, spot fake Unilever recruitment adverts or fake LinkedIn profiles, report them to the IT Services Desk via Una Live Chat.
Unilever does not accept responsibility or liability for any candidates who are financially impacted by recruitment fraud. Your vigilance is key!
Diversity & Inclusion
While we have an idea of the experience required to succeed in this role, we have no pre-requisites.
Diversity at Unilever is about inclusion, embracing differences, creating possibilities, and growing together for better business performance. We embrace diversity in our workforce. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants and continuing development of all employees regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity.