Tetra Tech International Development Services is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a $44.9-49.9 million USAID-funded, Building Climate Resilience Activity in Honduras. The Activity is anticipated to be a five-year contract to strengthen the capacity of Honduran systems to withstand and respond to climate variability and change, thereby helping address underlying factors that contribute to irregular migration. The Activity will work to fulfill this purpose through three complementary objectives: 1) improve water resources management to foster growth and resilience in key sectors of the economy, such as agriculture and tourism, and to sustain basic services such as domestic water usage, 2) conserve critical ecosystems through engagement with the private sector, civil society, and national, regional, and local governments, and 3) manage climate risk by increasing disaster preparedness and strengthening Honduran systems to cope with extreme weather events.
Working under the overall direction of the Chief of Party (COP) and in coordination and collaboration with project technical staff, the Deputy Chief of Party – Technical will have the primary responsibility of providing a high level of technical oversight and management support to the Activity’s technical team. This is expected to be a long-term position based in Tegucigalpa.
* Coordinate award management and implementation tasks and adjust programs and operations to achieve or exceed expected outcomes;
* Act as the primary liaison with USAID/Honduras, other implementing partners, other donors, and any other key stakeholders when the COP is not available;
* Work in complex environments and manage diverse teams to deliver impact;
* Act on behalf of the COP as the principal point of contact for operations and technical matters as needed
* Master’s degree or higher in a relevant discipline such Natural Resources Management, Water Resources Management, Climate Resiliency, or another related field;
* A minimum of ten (10) years of demonstrated experience in international development work experience in relevant field, including operations of programs of a similar scope and size and experience working directly with host country governments (national and subnational) and civil society
* A minimum of five (5) years of supervisory work experience, including: (1) direct supervision of professional and support staff; (2) quality evaluation of staff performance and deliverables; and (3) project management under contract(s).
* Prior experience working on development programs in Honduras or within the Latin America and Caribbean context strongly preferred;
* Excellent oral and written communication skills;
* Full professional proficiency in English and Spanish- Level III Interagency Language Roundtable (ILR) scale;* Honduran nationals strongly encouraged to apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Please ensure that your Cover Letter and CV/Resume are uploaded and if noted above, any additional requested documentation as part of your application. Incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 21,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.