Water Resources Engineering Intern
Talent is the essence of meeting our client’s objectives, goals and challenges. Be involved in projects with our Water and Environment Team. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have you joining our team for your next internship.
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Water Resources Engineering Internship for our Lawrenceville, NJ office for the Summer 2019.
This opportunity is available for a college student in good standing working towards a DEGREE in Civil or Environmental Engineering within an accredited program. The candidate will gain experience under direct supervision of the firm's leading engineering and scientist professionals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect data and gather information or documents
- Perform hydrologic and hydraulic modeling assignments using different software.
- Perform basic design tasks and drawings using computer-aided design (CADD) related to the development of conceptual water and environmental projects.
- Complete environmental site assessments
- Assist managers in proposal writing and development of business development strategies
- Student actively enrolled in an accredited Engineering (or related) Undergraduate, or actively enrolled in an accredited Graduate Program.
- Strong interest in the fields of Environmental Engineering and Structural Engineering
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Knowledge of fundamentals of hydrology and hydraulic
- Experience with Geographic Information System (GIS) and Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Good technical writing, analytical and communication skills
- Ability to work in the United States immediately