Bangladesh nationals: National Consultant (WASH)
Purpose of Activity/Assignment:
The purpose of this assignment is to provide technical support to DPHE for effective implementation of Community Approach to Total Sanitation (CATS) intervention and to strengthen the capacity of implementing agency/private entity for the effective implementation of CATS in project areas including monitoring support on pre-triggering, triggering, post-triggering and sustainability for bringing positive changes of climate resilient water supply, sanitation, and hygiene situation in targeted project locations. Under this assignment, broadly the below tasks will be accomplished:
- Provide technical support to DPHE for effective implementation of CATS in the project areas
- Provide training of trainers (ToT) to the key staff of the implementing agency/private entity on CATS approaches including supervision and monitoring of the rolling out activities in the field
- Conduct project orientation to the key staff of the implementing agency/private entity together with other local stakeholders for effective execution of the project
Review and revise the below training Packages by fitting with the project context to develop and disseminate to the related stakeholders i.e. IPs, agency/private entity, Govt. departments, private sector etc.
- CATS Package
- Hygiene Package
- 3-Star approach for WASH in school Package
- WASH package for Health Care Facilities (HCF)
- Facilitate implementing agency/private entity to conduct the training events on CATS at the field level for the communities, CBOs, local volunteers, change agents, schools and other stakeholders
- Provide support to implementing agency/private entity for field execution and monitoring of pre-triggering events 100% and triggering events 50%
- Provide basic training on 3-Star approach to teachers, SMC members and students councils of 50 schools and DPE and DSHE relevant staff (Organize and facilitate 30% training)
- Provide training to implementing agency/private entity on establishing mobile base on line monitoring of project progress and reporting and upload as well for dissemination
Provide feedback/advice to UNICEF as and when required regarding the project implementation, planning, monitoring and evaluation, documentation and dissemination and reporting.
How can you make a difference?
[Insert purpose of post and bullet points on main activities]
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in
*A first University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- A minimum of [insert years] of relevant professional experience in
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.