Assignment/Project Title: Data Analytics and Visualization for the Water Global Practice
Department: WATER Global Practice. Water GP Program Management, Strategy and Operations
Location: Washington, DC
Assignment Duration: up to 150 days to June 30, 2017
International Recruitment: o yes x no
The Water GP Program Management, Strategy and Operations team (Water GP PMSO) is looking to hire a short term consultant to support its Knowledge and Learning program by providing data analytics and data visualization capacity to the Water Global Practice.
- Project Background and Objectives
The Water GP Program Management, Strategy and Operations team (Water GP PMSO) supports the Water Global Practice mission by deploying a group of technical experts, trust funds and operations specialists in support of WBG water projects in six world regions. The unit also provides a central knowledge and learning capacity organized around five Global Solutions Groups: 1. Hydropower & Dams; 2.Water Supply and Sanitation; 3.Water for Agriculture; 4. Water, Poverty & the Economy; 5.Water Security & Integrated Resource Management.
Reporting to the PMSO Practice Manager, the short term consultant will support the knowledge and learning capacity of the Water GP PMSO under the supervision of the Sr. Knowledge & Learning Officer.
B. OBJECTIVES AND SCOPE OF WORK
The STC for data analytics and visualization will perform a number of functions related to the Water GP activities, including:
- Guide technical design and implementation of data analytics for the Water GP using WBG enterprise tools (e.g., Tableau) and business processes;
- Lead creative packaging and visualization of operational data;
- Translate Water GP business questions on resource management, expertise, collaboration and operational performance into solutions to support decision-making across the Water GP;
- Interface with subject matter experts and task teams to address their ongoing data management needs and special projects.
- Liaise with Information Technology Solutions (ITS) VPU data services team as needed.
The Water GP is looking for an experienced data analyst meeting the following criteria:
- Master’s degree or BS with 5 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven track record of using a suite of analytics solutions is required, e.g., advanced knowledge of Tableau and Tableau APIs to develop analytics solutions.
- Experience in various aspects of data and analytics: creative problem-solving skills with strong understanding of statistics and research design;
- Programming and scripting knowledge.
- Basic web publishing knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal skills organizational skills, proven ability to perform multiple tasks with accuracy and professionalism;
- Operational knowledge of WBG operations is a plus;
To express your interest, please send a resume and sample data visualization work to [email protected]