WaterAid is looking for a strong Special Projects Manager to play a vital role in our mission to transform lives with safe water, sanitation and hygiene in the world’s poorest communities.
Working within the Individual Giving and Engagement Team, the Special Projects Manager will
- Lead, manage and develop key projects which span the remit of the acquisition and engagement programmes, contributing to and helping ensure both teams meet agreed objectives and income targets within agreed timeframes and budgets.
- Be responsible for leading wider cross-organisational projects and campaigns, working with the wider Fundraising and Communications team and harnessing the potential of other key stakeholders.
- Lead and support the delivery of key projects within the team as well as being involved in innovation sessions and helping to develop best ways of working with our partners.
To be successful, you’ll need to have
- Fantastic leadership and interpersonal skills to lead large project teams, as well as experience of managing cross-organisational campaigns, leading these project teams to deliver against organisational objectives.
- A successful track record of working in a complex direct marketing role/team, including experience of developing and managing acquisition and retention and of development campaigns (media planning and buying, telephone, print, new product development, creative and digital activities).
- Substantial proven experience of working in a similar fundraising and/or customer marketing role.
By 2030 we want everyone everywhere to have clean water and sanitation. We need you to help us make it happen. If you bring your expertise, passion and professionalism, we’ll give you a lot back.
Working with us, you will be entitled to a wide range of employee benefits, such as an exceptional pension fund, medical cash plans, an employee assistance programme, generous annual leave and Save As You Learn schemes, as well as fitness and lifestyle programmes.
Please note: in order to apply for this role you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.
This vacancy will end one minute before midnight on the closing date specified. No recruitment agencies please.