Operating from within the South Region, Water Services, you will be a key operative and leader within the water monitoring team, undertaking the operation and maintenance of remote surface and ground water monitoring equipment, analysis and provision of data to departmental specifications and standards, critical to the decision of internal and external natural resource managers and planners.
|Position type||Flexible full-time|
|Occupational group||Primary Industry & Environment|
|Workplace Location||Brisbane Inner City|
|Job ad reference||QLD/391266/21|
|Yearly salary||$65040 – $82525|
|Fortnightly salary||$2493.00 – $3163.20|
|Contact person||Mark Woodward|
|Contact details||Ph: (07) 3330 4387|
Access the National Relay Service
• Operate and maintain the monitoring networks with a particular focus on surface water and ground water, including collecting and processing of hydrometric data, collecting water samples and conducting stream flow measurements.
• Assist in the installation, maintenance, calibration and repair of technical equipment and assets associated with water monitoring data collection.
• Compute, process, store, manipulate and retrieve ground water and surface water data.
• Participate in short and medium term water related projects on a needs basis.
• Develop skills and knowledge of the principles of water monitoring and associated technology through in house and external training.
• Maintain a high level of personal and team safety within the guidelines of safe practices and procedures.
• Interact with other water functional groups, managers, departmental staff and clients.
• You will be required to drive a manual motor vehicle
• Other duties as directed and required.
Applications to remain current for 12 months
Please ensure you download all attachments and follow the instructions on how to apply.
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.