- A focus on data analytics
- Parramatta location preferable, other NSW locations will be considered
- Ongoing full-time opportunity, salary starting at $113, 343 plus super
Are you interested in water utility performance ready to join our busy team? We have an exciting opportunity to join the data management & analytics team, working alongside water and sewage services experts in the Water Utilities branch on an ongoing full-time capacity.
We are seeking a Senior Data Analyst to contribute towards ensuring that the water and wastewater services provided by regional NSW’s local water utilities are safe, secure and sustainable.
In this role, you will also:
- Assist in the collection and management of data to create accurate, high-quality recurring reporting deliverables.
- Support management of complex database systems and applications used to store and analyse the data.
- Develop and maintain current and new data visualisation dashboards and interfaces.
- Assist in enabling DPIE Water to conduct performance monitoring and other regulatory functions, develop evidence-based policies, and deliver performance reporting and benchmarking products.
- Advanced analytical skills, including an excellent eye for detail and proven ability to quickly analyse and understand complex information, business processes and concepts to drive informed decision-making
- Demonstrated experience working in a high volume and demanding professional environment with high level organisational skills and ability to prioritise competing demands.
- Strong knowledge of the processes for data collection, data modelling, data management and data reporting.
- Demonstrated experience in database development and management, with experience using SQL and Oracle.
- Experience with ETL processes.
- Strong experience in the use of Microsoft-based applications utilising, particularly Excel and Access.
- Demonstrated experience in development of advanced, insightful and easy to read data dashboards using Tableau.
- Ability to analyse complex issues and provide innovative solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including high level written communication skills.
For more information read the full Role Description: Senior Data Analyst
For more information hit Apply to visit the www.iworkfor.nsw.gov.au website.
The Department of Planning, Industry & Environment’s (DPIE) vision is to create thriving environments, communities and economies for the people of New South Wales. We strive to be a high-performing, world-class public service organisation that celebrates and reflects the full diversity of the community we serve and seeks to embed Aboriginal cultural awareness and knowledge throughout the department.
In our inclusive and accessible workplace, differences are embraced, contributions are valued, and everyone has a sense of connection and belonging. DPIE supports various employee affinity groups, practice flexible working, offer job share and workplace adjustments. We are committed to the Premier’s Priorities and welcome applications from all.
The Water Group leads the NSW Government in providing confidence to communities and stakeholders with the transparent stewardship of water resources, provision of services and reforms that support sustainable and healthy environments, economies and societies across NSW.
If excited by the information above, we look forward to receiving your application, including a copy of your resume and cover letter expressing your interest and suitability for the role.
Applications close Sunday 31 October 2021 at 11:55PM.
Should you require further information about the role please contact Vishal Verma, Principal Data Analyst via [email protected]
A recruitment pool may be created for ongoing and temporary opportunities of the same role or role type that may become available over the next 18 months.
Looking for more information or assistance in applying?
Our Diversity team can assist to:
- provide alternative formats to apply
- make adjustments to the recruitment process
- offer information about workplace adjustments and support networks
We encourage people with disability to apply. If you have disability and require more information on adjustments and assistance to apply, contact the Diversity team on [email protected] (please include reference number).
If you are an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander check out Our Mob on Country https://www.dpie.nsw.gov.au/premiers-priorities/our-mob-on-country to see the work we do and get assistance in applying.