- Department: Agribusiness, Food & Water
- Educational level: Bachelor / Master degree
- Deadline: October 29, 2021
The Agribusiness, Food and Water department (AFW) is looking for an analytical (Senior) Portfolio Analyst to support the team for the Africa region.
This team focuses on origination, execution and management of debt investments in the agribusiness sector in Africa. AFW works with companies along the agribusiness value chain including primary producers, processors, traders and logistical services providers. The main objective is to invest in private sector companies which produce and distribute food (SDG2 – zero hunger), work with (smallholder) suppliers (SDG10 – reduce inequalities) and stimulate environmentally friendly technologies and practices (SDG13 – climate action).
For this team we are looking for an enthusiastic (Senior) Portfolio Analyst. In this role you are mainly responsible for monitoring a portfolio of contracted investments within the Agribusiness sector. You will report to the Manager of the Africa team.
- Preparing credit reviews including market and financial analysis;
- Building financial cash flow models in Microsoft Excel
- Providing support to clients by responding to requests for information;
- Building relationships with existing clients on an operational working level;
- Drafting credit approval documents and supporting the process for transactions with existing clients;
- Assist in negotiating legal documentation with the client, FMO and external law firms;
- Undertaking administrative tasks regarding file completion (KYC, compliance, reporting).
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in economics, finance, engineering or business administration;
- At least two to five years of working experience in a relevant position such as corporate banking, project finance, structured finance, investment banking.
- Specific agribusiness experience is considered to be a plus.
- French language skills is also considered a plus.
Personal skills and competences
- Strong analytical research and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to build productive internal and external working relationships;
- Service and client oriented;
- Risk aware and able to escalate issues when necessary;
- Strong administration and writing skills with appropriate attention to detail and accuracy;
- Good Excel modelling skills
- Flexible, pragmatic and capable of working on several assignments at the same time;
- Strong skills in planning, organizing and prioritizing;
- Proven ability to work and deliver under pressure when required;
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Strong team skills, contributing to team success and to a constructive, positive and collaborative work environment.
Please note; to be considered for this position you must reside in the Netherlands.
Please note, if we make you an offer to join FMO, you will need to work through the screening process with our screening partner. The process is designed to check your integrity and reliability.
FMO – mission and values
We hire candidates with a passion for our mission; to empower entrepreneurs to build a better world. The values we live by are: Making the Difference, Diversity, Quality, and Integrity.
Diversity is one of our values. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, disability and pregnancy.
At FMO we also value knowledge exchange and collaboration. We seek to hire people who will contribute to and use FMO’s knowledge by using and sharing good practices, lessons learned and experiences and who will encourage others to do the same.Apply now