Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, international organisation. The organisation is made up mainly of doctors and health sector workers and is also open to all other professions which might help in achieving its aims.
Médecins Sans Frontières provides assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict. They do so irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: WATSAN Technician
Location: Abakaliki, Ebonyi
Employment Type: Full-time
Contract Period: Indefinite
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Supporting the EH Manager in the implementation, monitoring, maintaining, and trouble-shooting of Water Hygiene Sanitation activities and infrastructure in the project according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to improve health and living conditions of the target population.
- Carrying out tasks directly related to the Watsan activities such as construction and maintenance of infrastructures in the project according to MSF protocols and standards concerning the operation of water supply, waste management and excreta disposal, hygiene and infection control.
- Being responsible for equipment, tools, and consumables, verifying that they are safely used and maintained. Reporting to the supervisor any need of renewal and the weekly/monthly consumption.
MSF Section / Context Specific Accountabilities
- Supervision of day to day activities of Hygienists, Orderliness and watsan agents in the virology unit and holding areas and make sure that they are fully trained on Prevention, Flows, Protocols, Tasks and responsibilities, cleaning and disinfection.
- Supervision and close monitoring of Laundry activities and make sure that all the reusable (scrubs, boots, goggles, gloves, aprons etc.) washed and disinfected as per protocol and are enough for each shift in the virology unit and holding areas.
- Provide support in organizing and conducting trainings on Prevention, Flows, Protocols, Tasks and responsibilities, Environmental Health, and other IPC measures to MSF, FETHA and State health ministry staff.
Minimum Required Skills and Qualifications
- Technical certification or proven background, desirable specialization in water and sanitation
- Preferable: Previous working experience working with MSF or other NGOs
- Previous experience in technical works
- English Language essential
- Igbo language desirable
Application Closing Date
20th October, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application, including Cover Letter, Resume and copy of relevant Certificates and NYSC certificate / Exemption Letters to: [email protected]
Submit the Hard copy at:
MSF Belgium Human Resources Office,
Plot D33 Liberation Estate (after the Enugu / Abakaliki express),
Abakaliki, Ebonyi State.
In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen below:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- NYSC status
- Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interview; MSF Belgium takes this opportunity to thank all potential candidates for their application.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer, both men and women are encouraged to apply.