A career at Arup offers you the chance to make a positive difference in the world. Independently owned and independently minded, Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment. We offer a broad range of professional services that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
We are truly global, and our 15,000 planners, designers, engineers and consultants around the world deliver innovative projects with creativity and passion.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a motivated, enthusiastic, and experienced Senior Flooding & Hydrology Engineer to join our vibrant and enthusiastic civil engineering team in the Melbourne Office. As a valued member of Infrastructure Vic/SA Group, you will bring your technical expertise, attention to detail and collaboration skills to an expanding portfolio of exciting projects.
About the role
Due to continued growth within our business and an expanding portfolio of projects, you will work in a variety of sectors predominately in highways and rail but also in master planning / site development, major bridges and environment projects. As well as working on local projects, Arup also promote connectivity into our network of interstate and international projects, leveraging our truly global business model and philosophy.
This will include:
- Leading elements of projects and collaborating with junior team members, with support from a more senior Flooding and Hydrology expert;
- Working within a defined area of responsibility on projects with flooding elements. This may include being responsible for specific parts of a design package within a project;
- Checking the quality and accuracy of own and others work, and may be responsible for the development of others through providing guidance, training and feedback; and
- Representing your team or technical discipline at external meetings with clients or project stakeholders, with support from a more senior colleague as necessary.
You will ideally have:
- Recognised relevant tertiary qualifications and relevant skills with 3 to 7 years post-graduate experience, most likely in consulting engineering or a similar local/state government role, with exposure to medium-large and multidisciplinary infrastructure projects;
- Professional experience with TUFLOW (1D, 2D, combined 1D/2D) is an essential criterion and experience in GIS software such as MapInfo, QGIS and ArcGIS;
- Flood modelling with other hydraulic modelling packages such as HECRAS is desirable and Hydrologic analysis (e.g., RORB, RAFTS, etc); and
- Fantastic interpersonal skills and ability to work on multidisciplinary projects.
The people at Arup are driven to find a better way and to deliver better solutions for our clients.
We welcome applications from a diverse group of people, including those who are seeking flexible working, have accessibility needs, want to bring their whole selves to work, and can enrich our workforce with cultural diversity.
We offer a competitive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including a global profit share scheme, excellent staff benefits and long-term career development opportunities.
We’ve always been a purpose-led organisation. we are here to support each other, to do our best work possible and make our own special contribution. We’re here to shape a better world, and for us ‘better’ is all about creating a more sustainable future for the world.
If you are interested in helping us shape a better world, please click “Apply Now” to submit your online application.
Arup does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.