Job Title: Assistant Professor – Environmental Science
Agency: Texas A&M University – Commerce
Department: Biological & Environmental Science
Proposed Minimum Salary: Commensurate
Job Location: Commerce, Texas
Job Type: Faculty
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process the “My Experience” page has a section provided “Attachments (Resume/CV, References, Cover letter, etc.)” to upload required documents.
- Use the Upload button to add each document.
- You will be able to upload up to 5 documents. Be aware that the maximum size allowed for any one document is 5MB.
- All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered.
- Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
- Please do not withdraw your application in an attempt to upload a missing document, instead please email HR for help.
Please provide the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required upon acceptance of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
If you need assistance, please contact us at [email protected]
Texas A&M University-Commerce is searching for an outstanding teacher-scholar at the rank of Assistant Professor to join and expand our environmental science program. The Assistant Professor of Environmental Science is a nine-month tenure track position in the Department of Biological and Environmental Sciences beginning in Fall 2022; primary duties include teaching undergraduate (introductory and upper-level) and graduate courses, promoting environmental science program, conducting research and providing service.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Typical duties may include but are not limited to
- Teach various undergraduate environmental science courses such as environmental toxicology, water/wastewater treatment, environmental hydrology and environmental remediation
- Actively recruit undergraduate students to expand environmental science program
- Advising undergraduate students and student organizations
- Develop and teach graduate classes in their area of expertise for master students of biological sciences
- Develop and maintain extramurally funded research program
- Attract and mentor graduate students
- Prepare syllabi, update course materials, and develop curriculum
- Delivery of instruction both online and on any of the university campuses if needed.
- Working collaboratively with faculty and staff to implement departmental programs
- Providing service to the department, college, university, public schools, and community
- Continual learning to stay current with research, best practices in teaching, and technological applications in the classroom and online teaching
- Perform any assigned duties by the supervisor
- Education: Ph.D. degree in environmental sciences or a closely related area
- Research area: environmental biotechnology for contaminants control/treatment
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Ability to: Scholarly publication record or demonstration of scholarly potential in research. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a team of professionals. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Commitment to high quality teaching. Dedication to high standards and student success.
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
- Prefer university level teaching background in a variety of environmental science courses
- Prefer student mentoring experience
- Prefer some work experience with environmental consulting firms, government regulatory agencies, and/or corporate environmental compliance.
- Prefer specific research interest in biodegradative processes for aquatic environmental restoration, wastewater treatment or solid waste management.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
May supervise Adjuncts, student workers and/or graduate assistants
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.