International Rivers is looking for a communications consultant to support our South Asia Program to develop, edit and produce key communication outputs, including case studies, an issues brief and blog posts on women and rivers and alternative energy. The specific deliverables are listed below.
Deliverables and Responsibilities
Assist International Rivers staff in editing and writing support on key documents and communications products mainly:
- Knowledge brief on micro hydro: Editing, proofreading and modifying the content of the draft brief.
- Impacts on women by dams: Editing, two draft case case studies. Additionally, write and support the writing of related blogs with IR staff.
- Women and Rivers Profiles:
- Conduct interview/s with key partners connected with our women and rivers work in South Asia.
- Develop up to four blog posts / profiles for our Women and Rivers website highlighting the role of women in water governance in South Asia (approx. 800 words each).
- Other communication pieces may be required.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in communication, journalism, publishing or equivalent work experience (or) Bachelor’s degree or higher in the field of human rights, or related subjects such as social sciences, development studies
- Ability to research, comprehend and report on complex issues
- At least 3 years’ experience in writing, editing, proofreading and content production.
Quotation / Application
- Provide your quotation in USD, which includes rates e.g. per page or per hour
- Provide a copy of your CV.
- Provide 2-3 sample reports or materials recently created by you (preferably within the last 24 months).
Timeline: To be completed by 30 November 2021
To apply: Please send your application to [email protected] with the Subject Line: “South Asia Communications Consultant” and let us know where you heard about the position. Applications will be reviewed upon submission until the position is filled.