A day in the life of a Technical Tradesmen Associate
At Samaritan’s Purse, the Gospel really is the center of all we do! We start each day with a time of devotions and prayer. We hear from members of our staff, both from IHQ and our global offices, as well as special guest speakers who encourage us in God’s word. We then join together to pray for one another, as well as praying for staff and volunteers who serve around the globe. We get paid to start each day this way!
This is a temporary Full-Time position lasting 3 months (12 weeks).
- Assist in the purchasing, fabrication, repair, operation, maintenance, and testing of disaster response equipment for water collection, treatment, storage, and distribution.
- Maintain an inventory of a variety of sizes and types of water collection, treatment, storage, and distribution systems and associated parts.
- Facilitate training on the operation of water systems.
- Maintain an orderly warehouse; take out rubbish, remove old pallets, sweep facility.
- Support WASH disaster relief efforts, including deploying on Disaster Assistance Response Teams (DARTs) as directed.
- Serve on the Incident Management Team (IMT) or Disaster Assistance Response Team (DART) as directed.
- Follows policies and procedures of Samaritan’s Purse as set forth in the Policy Manual.
- Maintains a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Attends daily morning devotions and participates in prayer support for the ministry, donors and volunteers.
- Other duties may be assigned that are not specifically identified within the content of the job description.
In the role of Technical Tradesmen Associate, you will support Samaritan’s Purse’s new global water initiative by helping build, maintain, and deploy airmobile water collection, treatment, storage, and distribution systems.
Check out why people love serving with Samaritan’s Purse: https://bit.ly/2F8Nom5
Qualifications & Experience
- A personal, vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ and desire to continue being an active, consistent witness for Him.
- High School diploma (required).
- Vocational training and 4 years of experience in welding, fabrication, intermediate plumbing, and electrical, or equivalent combination of education and experience (required).
- Fabrication, intermediate plumbing, and electrical (required). Welding (preferred but not required).
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings (required).
- Attention to detail (required).
- Preparing and maintaining a variety of forms, records, reports, and documentation.
- Interpreting and applying applicable laws, ordinances, codes, rules, and regulations.
- Project management and training skills.
- Demonstrate strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and ability to work with a diverse team in a pressured environment.
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently. A strong team player and adept at creating a strong team spirit.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams across the organization.
- Working knowledge of MS Office software, including Word, Excel and Outlook is required.
- Travel may be required.
Job Location: North Wilkesboro, NC
Type (Full-Time/Part-Time/Associate): Associate (Full-Time/Temporary)
Language Requirement: Fluency in English (required)
Travel Expectations: Ability to travel. Travel may be required. Maintaining required travel documents and vaccinations for entry into foreign countries will be necessary.
Samaritan’s Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)