For this opportunity, we welcome applications from individuals that are eligible to apply for / currently hold a Graduate visa. As appropriate, any offer we make will be conditional upon your visa application being approved.
Please be aware that we can only accept one application during each recruitment period, so please only apply for the position that suits you best. If you decide to apply for a different role, please withdraw your first application before submitting the new one.
Launch your career with Arup:
Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, architects, consultants and technical specialists, working across every aspect of today’s built environment. Together we help our clients solve their most complex challenges – turning exciting ideas into tangible reality as we strive to find a better way and shape a better world.
Overview of role:
As Arup continues to focus on digital transformation, we seamlessly combine digital and data-related capabilities with Arup’s traditional engineering and design strengths to help solve complex problems more efficiently and offer new ways of working in this digital age.
As one of the world’s leading building and infrastructure design consultancies, we offer clients the innovation and technical know-how to continually deliver their projects on schedule, on budget and sustainably.
Our staff are passionate about helping the world sustainably manage its water. At Arup we deliver schemes across the whole water cycle. From upland catchment management, to flood risk management, and water treatment. The successful design, development and maintenance of our water infrastructure requires the integration of many disciplines. Arup’s talented and diverse water team has wide-ranging skills from strategic advice to specialist technical services. We consider the commercial, economic, environmental and social implications of projects in our work to deliver better outcomes for people and the environment. Key areas we work in include:
- Resilience shift; our adaption to a changing climate
- Asset management
- Catchment science and management
- Dams and reservoirs engineering
- Flood and coastal risk management
- Integrated drainage network modelling – 1D, 2D and 3D water modelling
- Natural flood management and river restoration
- River and waterway engineering
- Water environmental management – making our waterways cleaner
- Sustainable drainage systems (SuDS) and green infrastructure
- Wastewater infrastructure and treatment
- Water resources management
- Water treatment and supply
We aim to offer a complete service in partnership with our clients. Our design teams collaborate with a global network of Arup specialists, ideas and resources. We also work closely with many external bodies involved in the delivery of major projects.
Right now, we’re looking for Graduates to join our diverse team of bright professionals across several of our UK offices. Our staff are essential to our business. We nurture our Early Careers staff to enable them to grow and thrive. From your first day, you’ll join an unrivalled community of global experts, where everyone is supported in their career development and guided towards gaining professional accreditation.
You’ll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. While you’ll have a great deal of responsibility from day one, we’ll give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills.
To do this you would be:
- Working with a diverse range of Arup colleagues in specialisms such as River and Coastal Engineering, Site Development, Sustainability and Environmental Planning
- Working with collaborators such as landscape architects, environmental specialists and planners
- Meeting with clients, local authorities, and other stakeholders – including site visits
- Specifying and interrogating survey information, hydraulic and coastal risk modelling for use in solution development
- Developing and appraising options and supporting the production of business cases
- Undertaking feasibility studies and preparing technical reports
- Creating digital solutions to manipulate, analyse and report on large and complex datasets
- Carrying out assessment, analysis and design. Preparing specifications.
- Using a wide range of specialist analysis and design software such as Flood Modeller, Tuflow, DHI packages, InfoWorks, Microdrainage, GIS and AutoCAD
- Helping to win and manage commissions with our clients
- Managing your own time and deadlines to meet project commitments
What are we looking for?
For this opportunity, we are seeking the following qualifications, skills and attributes:
- Enthusiasm for a career in Water, underpinned by a knowledge and understanding of our sector and work
- Minimum of a Bachelors in Civil and/or Environmental Engineering OR;
- Masters or post-graduate Degree in a similar Water related discipline.
- Studying, or have studied, a course accredited by ICE, CIWEM or equivalent
- A good understanding of the theoretical approach and practical application within the Water sector
- Possess a strong working knowledge of common software and digital tools, and demonstrate an ability to learn new software within a working environment that utilises 3D design and digital automation
- Additional experience with coding languages, digital development, and use of specialist software would be an advantage
- Have an analytical thought process
- Seek to improve existing ways of working, by finding efficiencies in processes
You must be available to start this opportunity in September 2022.
What we offer you:
Beyond a great salary and stimulating, technically challenging work, Arup offers a range of additional benefits to its people.
As a membership organisation, everyone shares in our success through a global profit share scheme. Our people also have access to a range of broader wellbeing benefits.
You’ll have access to lots of learning opportunities including a structured induction and ongoing training through Arup university.
Additionally, you’ll have the opportunity to utilise your technical expertise to improve the lives of the most vulnerable in the communities in which we live and work through Arup’s community engagement programme.
Complete the application form, attaching any required documents. We’ll be reviewing applications on a rolling basis. You are therefore strongly encouraged to apply in advance of the application deadline. Our assessment centres for this opportunity will take place from December 2021.
Different people, shared values:
At Arup we believe when talented people collaborate, great things are possible. We are taking deliberate action to create an inclusive culture that is grounded in our purpose to shape a better world. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome all backgrounds.
Arup is committed to making all stages of our recruitment process accessible to candidates with disabilities. We strongly encourage you to share any adjustments that will support your participation in our recruitment process. Please contact: [email protected].
At Arup, we appreciate that everyone’s circumstances are different and having the freedom to flex the way we work is essential to our wellbeing. If flexibility matters to you let us know when you apply and we will discuss how this could work in your role.
Stay safe online – Arup will never ask for payment or your bank details as part of our selection process.