For this opportunity, we welcome applications from individuals that are eligible to apply for / currently hold a Graduate visa. As appropriate, any offer we make will be conditional upon your visa application being approved.
Please be aware that we can only accept one application during each recruitment period, so please only apply for the position that suits you best. If you decide to apply for a different role, please withdraw your first application before submitting the new one.
Launch your career with Arup:
Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, architects, consultants and technical specialists, working across every aspect of today’s built environment. Together we help our clients solve their most complex challenges – turning exciting ideas into tangible reality as we strive to find a better way and shape a better world.
Overview of role:
Today our clients face a range of challenges understanding the impacts of climate change, delivering net zero carbon, managing legacy assets and being resilient to future changes, and we are passionate about supporting them. To do this we need people with a wider range of skills, from traditional sciences through to cutting edge digital specialists.
Right now, we’re looking for graduates to join our diverse team of bright professionals in a number of our UK offices. From your first day, you’ll join an unrivalled community of experts, where everyone is supported in their career path and encouraged to work towards a professional qualification. We are looking for people with interest and skills in:
- Water strategy, resources and sustainability
- Design, hydraulic modelling and hydrology
- Business case development, economics
- Natural processes and flood management
You’ll help us to deliver effective solutions to a range of high-profile clients. While you’ll have a great deal of responsibility from day one, we’ll give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills.
Typical responsibilities will include:
- Building strong relationships with team members and the wider Arup
- Source, research, and analyse information from a variety of sources
- Developing skills on a wide range of software
- Working closely with clients and collaborators to develop solutions on a project by project basis
- Apply appropriate standards and exploit the latest technologies to perform tasks
- Work flexibly and contribute to the work and performance of the team
Projects will be allocated to you on a regular basis for varying lengths of time, working as part of an integrated team. You will have an opportunity to work on projects all over the world, whilst learning from our highly experienced team. You will also have the opportunity to work on traditional design and major projects to provide a well-balanced start to your professional career.
What are we looking for?
For this opportunity, we are seeking the following qualifications, skills and attributes:
- Enthusiasm for a career in water, underpinned by a knowledge and understanding of our sector and work
- Minimum of a (expected) 2:1 Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Economics, Geography, Science, Mathematics and Data/Computer Science
- Applicants with (or in progress) Masters and PhDs considered and encouraged
- Seek to improve existing ways of working, by finding efficiencies in processes
- A good understanding of the theoretical approach and practical calculations used within the water industry
- Display collaborative and positive behaviours
- The aptitude to work on your own initiative and be proactive
You must be available to start this opportunity in September 2022.
What we offer you:
Beyond a great salary and stimulating, technically challenging work, Arup offers a range of additional benefits to its people.
As a membership organisation, everyone shares in our success through a global profit share scheme. Our people also have access to a range of broader wellbeing benefits.
You’ll have access to lots of learning opportunities including a structured induction and ongoing training through Arup university.
Additionally, you’ll have the opportunity to utilise your technical expertise to improve the lives of the most vulnerable in the communities in which we live and work through Arup’s community engagement programme.
Complete the application form, attaching any required documents. We’ll be reviewing applications on a rolling basis. You are therefore strongly encouraged to apply in advance of the application deadline. Our assessment centres for this opportunity will take place from December 2021.
Different people, shared values:
At Arup we believe when talented people collaborate, great things are possible. We are taking deliberate action to create an inclusive culture that is grounded in our purpose to shape a better world. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome all backgrounds.
Arup is committed to making all stages of our recruitment process accessible to candidates with disabilities. We strongly encourage you to share any adjustments that will support your participation in our recruitment process. Please contact: [email protected].
At Arup, we appreciate that everyone’s circumstances are different and having the freedom to flex the way we work is essential to our wellbeing. If flexibility matters to you let us know when you apply and we will discuss how this could work in your role.
Stay safe online – Arup will never ask for payment or your bank details as part of our selection process.