Wetlands International South Asia seeks applications for the position of Wetland Specialist
Wetlands International South Asia is a leading non-profit organization dedicated to conservation and wise use of wetlands in South Asia region.
Wetlands International South Asia office seeks applications for the position of Wetland Specialist for The Integrated Management of Wetland Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services Project. This is a full-time position based in New Delhi.
The Integrated Management of Wetland Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services (IMWBES) Project is a Full-Scale, five year, Global Environment Facility funded project of Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC) and United National Environment Programme as the GEF Agency. The IMWBES project has a goal of “conservation and wise use of wetlands for sustained provision of their full range of ecosystem services and maintenance of biological diversity.”
The project objective is to “enhance management effectiveness of wetlands of national and global significance and integration in developmental programming”. Wetlands International South Asia as the Lead Technical Support Agency (LTSA) of the project is anchoring the Project Management Unit (PMU) and providing technical backstopping to project implementation.
The Wetland Specialist for the IMWBES Project is a full-time, five year position and will be based in New Delhi. Key responsibilities include:
- Act as a technical focal point for matters related to project
- Prepare Terms of Reference for project components, Demonstration Project Site Teams, and Consultants.
- Conduct periodic monitoring visits to the demonstration sites and assess progress of implementation of integrated management plans
- Maintain an overview of development and use of various tools, knowledge products, capacity building and outreach programmes
- Provide technical support to the MoEFCC in the implementation of National Plan for Conservation of Aquatic Ecosystems
- Support preparation of technical reports to be submitted to NPD and UNEP.
- Masters degree in ecology, natural resources management, hydrology, water management, environmental sciences, environmental planning and related disciplines.
- At least three years’ experience in handling similar assignments.
- Ability to communicate clearly via written, spoken, and graphical means in English and other relevant languages including ability to translate complex issues into concise and clear messages.
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Ph D on a topic related to wetlands
- Experience of survey and assessment of wetlands
- Understanding of GIS and mapping tools
- Understanding of existing policy environment and regulations on wetlands.
The incumbent will be placed in Grade 4 of salary scale, with an annual gross remuneration of Rs. 9.5 lakhs with all perks. A higher start can be considered for deserving candidates.
Interested candidates may send their detailed resume at [email protected] by October 31st, 2021 with ‘Application: Wetland Specialist’ in subject line. The resume should provide information on candidate’s ability to meet the mentioned qualifications and experience and perform the tasks described above.