We are currently seeking a Student Assistant for our international and diverse Science Team, to provide technical support for the maintenance and further expansion of Climate Analytics’ tools collection, as well as for the management and processing of the data underlying them.
- You provide technical support for the maintenance of the tools developed by Climate Analytics by testing them regularly, participating to debugging and updating the software environment.
- You help manage the data structure and repositories hosting the data visualised in the tools
- You treat the feedback from the tool users, by channelling their messages and identifying ways to treat them in collaboration with other colleagues.
- You are eventually getting familiar with the data visualised on the tools, and become able to contribute to refining the data processing procedures, in order to improve the overall relevance of the tools for their users.
You need to be enrolled in a German university for at least the upcoming year.
Additionally, you will ideally have the following qualifications and skills:
- A Bachelor of Science in computer science or data science, or a BSc during which you learned about and conducted applied projects involving programming and statistical data analysis.
- Good programming skills, and solid knowledge of python especially in the field of data analysis.
- Knowledge and experience in system administration (UNIX), data management and/or IT support is a strong asset.
- Experience with programming web interfaces is an asset.
- Interest in climate science and climate policy.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Ability to work independently and take initiatives.
- Strong communication and intercultural skills.
- Our working language is English, therefore very good English writing and verbal skills are necessary. Basic German skills are welcome, but not required, other language skills are an asset.
- A job with purpose. With us you will work in a team of engaged people and with your skills you can make a positive contribution to our work in the field of climate change.
- A positive and inspiring working atmosphere in an international team. Our Berlin office near Moritzplatz is central and well connected to the transport system and is in the heart of the lively Kreuzberg, with excellent lunch choices. We also offer the possibility to attend German classes. Currently most of our staff is working from home due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
*A refund of your public transport pass.
Application Deadline: 31 October 2021
Starting date: As soon as possible
Location: Berlin, Germany
Terms: Currently we can offer a fixed term contract for 1 year, with the perspective of extension based on performance and funding.
Requirements: You have to be a student who is enrolled at a university in Germany for at least another year.
For further information send your questions via email to [email protected].
Please apply with your CV, cover letter exclusively using the application form by 31 October 2021.
Please include 2-3 examples of code that you have written with, for each of the examples, a short description (~5 sentences) of what it intends to do and how it operates. You may also want to add links to web pages that you have contributed to program, in this case describe your exact contribution and ideally attach part of the underlying piece of code. Please indicate in your cover letter your earliest staring date.
Applications by email or by post can unfortunately not be processed.