Deadline: 30/10/2021, 00:59
Expected start date: ASAP
Contact person: Michelle Chin [email protected]
Position type: Full time
City: Kuala Lumpur
Job type: Consultancy, Specialist
DHI is a professional water and environmental consulting organization operating around the globe with two offices in Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur and Kota Kinabalu). Our world is water, and our knowledge of water environments and the challenges these environments present are second-to-none. DHI brings 50 years of dedicated research, numerical modelling development, and the application of practical solutions to water-based issues and problems to more than 140 countries from 30 offices worldwide. We strive to make this knowledge globally accessible to clients and partners by channelling it through our local teams and expert numerical modelling tools.
DHI Malaysia is seeking a Principal Water Resources Professional to work within the Water Resources Team in our Kuala Lumpur office.
Reporting to the Head of Department based in our Kuala Lumpur office, your key day to day tasks will involve project management and project delivery, and management and development of Water Resource Department staff based in our KL and KK offices. In addition, you will provide technical leadership and project management in water resource and flood modelling projects and will be responsible for coordination and collaboration with other departments to ensure successful management and delivery of proposals and projects. You will also contribute towards the development and implementation of the Water Resources Department market strategy and business development activities.
The position requires a high calibre professional with excellent leadership, project management, communication, report writing, and teamwork skills. The employee will be responsible for supporting the successful direction and delivery of a broad range of projects undertaken by the department, which includes:
- Hydrological Analysis – river basin and urban hydrology, yield assessments, flood hydrology, statistical analysis.
- River Flooding Assessments – 1D and 2D river and floodplain modelling, flood mapping, mitigation, and risk assessment.
- Urban Drainage – urban flood assessments, drainage design.
- River Basin Assessments – water balance, water supply feasibility, sustainable use, hydropower potential.
- Real Time Forecasting and Operations – flow and flood forecasting, dam and barrage operations, irrigation systems control.
- Hydraulic Modelling Support and Feasibility Studies – Major dams, stream diversions, stormwater drainage and passive treatment systems, hydraulic structures, erosion control works, rehabilitation, and water supply systems.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND CHALLENGES
- Undertakes and leads teams in carrying out technical work including preparation of technical reports
- Carries out modelling work using the DHI suite of software and supports modelling teams with use of the software
- Ensures effective client liaison and consultation with regulatory agencies and other stakeholders
- Provides input to strategies and undertakes business development activities including preparation and submission of proposals and tenders for new projects
- Assists in or conducts training courses to clients in DHI’s suite of software
- Assists in the management of department resources
- Builds capacity in the team, mentors and shares knowledge with colleagues and junior staff; and conducts internal and external technical presentations
QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL SKILLS
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering or Environmental Science
- Minimum 10 years relevant post graduate experience
- Proven track record of maintaining positive relationships with clients and co-workers
- Leadership ability, with respect to team and project management
- Proven verbal and written communication skills in English, and an ability to use varying communication styles depending on the audience
- Must be willing to travel and occasionally work beyond normal office hours
- Registered as Professional Engineer with Practicing Certificate (PEPC) with BEM
- 15 years relevant post graduate experience
- Proven verbal and written communication skills in Bahasa Malaysia, and an ability to use varying communication styles depending on the audience
- Familiarity with Malaysian hydrological procedures (e.g. DID Hydrological Procedures) and guidelines
- Up-to-date with relevant international Best Practice methodologies
DHI invests in our employees through competitive salaries and benefits designed to further the professional development of each employee in line with the organisations business goals and needs. This is an opportunity to be a part of a friendly and dynamic team and work on challenging leading-edge projects in Malaysia and overseas.
APPLICATION / NEXT STEP
If you are keen to join our team, please visit the Career section on our website at www.dhigroup.com to upload your CV.
Deadline for application is 29 October 2021.
For further information, please email [email protected].