Location flexible internationally
A LITTLE ABOUT US
Since 1951, The Nature Conservancy has been doing work you can believe in protecting the lands and waters that all life depends on. As a science-based organization, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that we can create a world in which people and nature thrive.
We’re rooted in our Mission and guided by our Values, which includes a Commitment to Diversity and Respect for People, Communities, and Cultures. We know we’ll only achieve our Mission by hiring and engaging a diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we work. Whether it’s career development, work/life balance, or a rewarding mission, there’s lots of reasons to love life #insideTNC. Our goal is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that all of our colleagues around the globe feel a sense of belonging, and that their unique contributions to our mission are valued.
Although you’ll see requirements in our postings, we recognize that people come with talent and experiences outside of a job. Passion, innovation, and diversity are all key components to advancing our Mission and we encourage you to apply.
YOUR POSITION WITH TNC
The Nature Conservancy is working with partners across the globe to create new approaches to change the way coastal wetlands are used and managed. Our vision is one of resilient coasts, reduced emissions, thriving communities and marine management grounded in science. The Coastal Wetlands Coordinator contributes to the day to day functions the coastal wetlands strategy and its portfolio of projects. The position will be responsible for operations support including but not limited to developing and managing budgets, meeting management, and contract management to advance conservation priorities. Projects that this position will support include Blue Carbon Resilience Credits, Global Mangrove Watch and the overarching Global Mangrove Alliance. This position sits within the Global Protect Oceans, Lands and Waters business unit and reports to the Coastal Wetlands Strategy Lead. The location for this position is flexible within countries where The Nature Conservancy has an established office. This position is not eligible for relocation or immigration assistance.
The position requires candidates to have both the ability to move quickly between a variety of roles and tasks, and the initiative to learn and continuously improve the processes and outcomes around them. They will facilitate collaboration and coordination among the global coastal wetlands team members and between other Business Units, and local and external partners; track deliverables and associated budget; support grant proposal development, writing, and final report preparation; manage annual workplan development and coordination; support contract development and tracking; and support strategic communications and outreach plans. They liaise with other TNC staff, notably regional teams, as well as external contractors and grantees, to help drive the implementation of the global strategy and associated projects in the places where TNC works. They will be well versed in project management to implement processes and practices in order to improve the team’s effectiveness.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Works collaboratively in a team and partnership environment to advance mutual conservation goals.
- Financial responsibility includes managing the development of a complex budget, working within a budget, processing transfers, adjustments, and revenue, and producing budget reports.
- Manage and implement multiple projects, including managing budget, setting deadlines and ensuring accountability.
- Ensure programmatic commitments, Conservancy policies and procedures, financial standards, and legal requirements are met and managed for compliance.
- Responsible for simultaneously managing multiple contractors to ensure timeliness and completion of deliverables.
- Responsible for coordinating logistics for meetings, workshops or special events with both internal and external stakeholders.
- May involve domestic and international travel and flexible work hours as needed;
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years related experience or equivalent combination.
- Experience coordinating administrative processes.
- Experience generating reports and interpreting data.
- Experience in business writing, editing, and proofreading.
- Experience organizing time and managing diverse activities to meet deadlines.
- Experience working across teams and communicating with a wide range of people.
- Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experiences are appreciated.
- Ability to analyze information for the purpose of coordinating and planning activities, and solving problems.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Superior planning and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of accounting practices.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Software and project management software such as Smartsheet.
- Experience supporting complex projects or strategic initiatives in an unstructured environment.
- Strong organization skills, accuracy, and attention to detail.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
Do you have military experience? Visit our U.S. Military Skills Translator to match your military experience with our current job openings!
TNC is committed to offering accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please send a note to [email protected] with Request for Accommodation in the subject line.