Salary: From £34,304 pro rata
Please note that this post is permanent and full time at 1.0 FTE.
Closing Date: Wednesday 27 October 2021
Interview Date: Monday 15 November 2021
Lecturer in Social Policy salary from: £34,304
Senior Lecturer in Social Policy salary from: £39,739
Following establishment of the School of Geography in 2017 and outstanding student satisfaction in to 2020 NSS where BA Geography was ranked 1st nationally for overall satisfaction, we are seeking to make a further appointment at Lecturer / Senior Lecturer level to expand our expertise in Human Geography. This post will support delivery of teaching and research across the School. We are seeking a candidate who:
- Has a strong academic profile related to the field of water security and planetary health relevant to both BA and BSc Geography. Expertise in GIS and/or Google Earth Engines would be particularly welcome.
- Brings experience of curriculum design at the undergraduate and postgraduate level and the ability to draw on practitioner knowledge to enhance teaching with real world examples
- Will engage in pure and/or applied research which will complement existing strengths within the School. The successful candidate would be expected to join the one of the existing research groups within the School.
- Is an excellent communicator who will complement the School’s existing teaching. In particular, we are seeking someone who could support teaching both in specialist subject modules and across the wider BA and BSc Geography curricula.
- Will work closely with other members of staff within the School of Geography as well as external partners.
Working with us, you will enjoy the benefits of newly refurbished and exceptionally well-equipped research facilities and benefit from a stimulating, interdisciplinary and collegiate environment. We support excellence in research and teaching and you will be part of a team that provides a popular portfolio of qualifications at BSc, MSc and PhD level. You will be based in the heart of a thriving, safe and friendly city.
The University of Lincoln is a forward-thinking, energetic institution, with a substantial commitment to growing science infrastructure. If you would like to be part of shaping our world-class vision and would like to know more about this opportunity please email Professor Steve Bevan, Acting Head of the School of Geography [email protected] or Dr Adegbola Ojo, Programme Leader for BA Geography [email protected] for more information or to arrange an informal conversation about the position.