|Department:||Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning|
|Work Type:||Fixed term – flexible|
|Work Location:||Melbourne – CBD|
|Salary Range:||$71,853 – $87,245|
|Job Duration:||Available up until 21 October 2023|
|Attachments:||50928156 VPS3 Project Officer PD.docx (Word, 182KB)|
0439 020 375
An opportunity to work at the leading edge of water management in Victoria, in a people-oriented role.
- Join a flexible and supportive team working to influence meaningful and sustainable change to the management of our most vital resource.
- An opportunity to build relationships and work across a diverse sector and with all key organisations with an interest in the water cycle.
- This role will best suit a motivated and enthusiastic professional that thrives in a multidisciplinary and cross organisational environment.
- This role requires well developed interpersonal skills and an ability to translate systems thinking into day-to-day tasks and objectives.
- An understanding of the principles of Integrated Water Management and best practice application in a regional urban environment is desirable.
- This role will be focused on the regional Victoria but will require, at minimum, occasional attendance at the Melbourne CBD office.
The Project Officer – Regional Integrated Water Management will use their strong project management skills to support the application of Integrated Water Management (IWM) in Victoria. This position will support several simultaneous sub-projects that contribute to IWM planning and decision making. IWM is a collaborative approach to planning and managing drinking water, wastewater, recycled water, stormwater, waterways, and irrigated open space assets holistically. This role will be critical to supporting IWM state wide through systems and process improvements, as well as learning from, capturing, and sharing project lessons that stakeholders have told us are critical to improving the resilience and liveability of Victoria’s cities and towns. This role requires well developed written communication skills and an ability to translate systems thinking into day-to-day tasks and objectives.
- Mandatory – a relevant tertiary qualification or higher, preferably in science, environmental engineering, natural resource management, political science, social science, law, planning or a relevant appropriate qualification.
- Desirable – an understanding of Victorian water and local government sector, experience in project management and/or process and systems delivery.
This is a fixed term position available up until 18 October 2023.
To be considered for this position, your application should include a supporting statement demonstrating that you meet the Key Selection Criteria detailed in the position description, including the Specialist/Technical Expertise/Qualifications and capabilities sections.
For further information please refer to the attached position description.
Applications close at midnight on Thursday 21 October 2021.
Other relevant information:
Preferred candidates will be required to undertake pre-employment screening, including a Declaration and Consent form and a National Police Check.
Applicants must possess corresponding work rights to be eligible for appointment for the advertised employment period. To be appointed to an ongoing position you must be an Australian Permanent Resident or an Australian/New Zealand citizen.
We are building an inclusive workplace to help realise the potential of our employees, embrace our differences, and apply our diverse thinking to innovation and delivering services to Victorian communities. All jobs can be worked flexibly and we encourage job applications from Aboriginal people, people with disabilities, young people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.