Michael Baker International’s Water Group provides innovative consulting, planning and engineering solutions for the entire spectrum of the water cycle. We have proven experience in providing a full range of professional services from scientific and technical analysis, concept through design, and construction support services. Protection and management of water resources starts at the watershed level and follows the movement of water through urban and agricultural areas, streams, lakes and reservoirs, water distribution systems, wastewater collection systems, and water/wastewater treatment plants.
Our Sr. Water/Wastewater Engineer/Project Manager will be supporting our many public and private sector clients in San Diego with their next challenging projects. The successful candidate will join a growing team of water/wastewater engineers, designers, and drafters that is well funded and stable. It is a highly visible position with opportunity for leadership in consulting for municipal and private clients, leveraging a strong corporate resume. This position will:
- Be involved with a variety of water-related projects such as water and sewer master plans; hydraulic modeling, pipelines, pump stations, reservoirs, wells, lift stations, and treatment facility designs.
- Work as part of a project team and be responsible for planning, design development, calculations, presentations and overall project development for a variety of projects.
- Interact with clients and be responsible for positioning on upcoming projects.
- Lead business development activities, such as networking groups, proposal preparation, pursuit strategy and fee proposal development.
- Engage in leadership of industry organizations such as ASCE, APWA, WEF, CWEA, and AWWA.
- Actively participate of the water/wastewater group at Michael Baker and provide technical leadership and mentoring to other staff members.
- Perform project management duties, such as invoicing, project budgeting and forecasting and monthly reports
- Prepare design calculations, drawings, and specifications for water and wastewater pipelines and pumping stations.
- Conduct technical evaluations to support planning and design related to water and wastewater systems.
- Prepare and review technical memoranda, reports, drawings, specifications, and miscellaneous contract documents.
- Assist technical marketing during the procurement of key projects.
- Communicate effectively and coordinate with project team members including other disciplines (cost estimators, GIS, designers, and other engineers).
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering with an emphasis on environmental and/or water resources engineering, or related engineering field.
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in performing design and calculations supporting pipelines, pump stations, wastewater treatment, and reservoirs.
- Highly motivated self-starter, versatile and interested in working on a variety of projects supporting the Water/ Wastewater Team.
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills.
- Professional Engineer registration in California (P.E.)
- Proficient in Hydraulic Modeling of water distribution and sewer collection systems
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite including Word, Outlook, Project, Excel and PowerPoint
- A proven track record of increasing levels of responsibility and experience interfacing with clients is preferred.
- Established effective relationships in the Southern California Market, including San Diego.