Cadmus seeks a professional facilitator or communication specialist knowledgeable about climate science and risk management to support workshops and trainings with government clients and water professionals in the areas of climate resilience and water utility planning. Successful candidates will have experience successfully facilitating workshops and trainings, providing clear guidance and information around climate impacts and projections, and experience working closely with clients and stakeholders to ensure successful training outcomes and client satisfaction.
Candidates must have a record of successful facilitation focused on scientific or technical processes, experience working in web-based tools, and experience managing projects from start to finish with minimal input from supervisors. They must be highly motivated and eager to learn, detail-oriented, and comfortable leading meetings of various sizes with clients and senior staff. Candidates must have a professional demeanor and will have distinguished themselves with academic and professional excellence and a clearly demonstrated work ethic. Cadmus emphasizes working effectively in a team environment with a commitment to the highest standards of excellence.
- Serve as lead facilitator for climate resilience exercises and workshops with water sector professionals.
- Provide guidance for water sector professionals to conduct climate risk assessments utilizing online tools.
- Provide expertise on the risk assessment tools and serve as a technical expert on risk assessment processes.
- Manage teams of internal staff, including support staff and subject matter experts, to conduct and execute workshops, trainings, and exercises.
- Responsible for project coordination activities:
- Reviewing agendas and meeting minutes on internal and external calls.
- Coordinating with internal staff to ensure they are prepared for relevant meetings and meet project deadlines.
- Creating effective communications for project teams and external stakeholders.
- Tracking the status of project deliverables, milestones, and feedback.
- Providing quality control support and review of project work.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Education, Environmental Science, or other related discipline.
- Knowledge and experience in climate change, climate impacts, and adaptation strategies for the water sector.
- At least 5 years’ experience with environmental communication and trainings
- 3+ years’ experience working with senior internal stakeholders or clients
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively on technical topics such as climate change impacts and risk reduction.
- Strong interpersonal skills, as this position interfaces with all functions within the organization, external clients, and water sector professionals.
- Ability to present and communicate findings in an easy-to-understand way to internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven success in leading and managing projects.
- Travel will be required post-COVID 19.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States as a U.S Perm Resident or U.S. Citizen
- Master’s degree or in environmental science, climate policy, communication, education, or related discipline.
- Classwork or professional experience with EPA regulatory programs, water science, or environmental policies and programs.
- Demonstrated experience with executing workshops and trainings or large-scale meetings.
- Experience managing subcontractors and teaming partners.
- Experience working in the Federal Government Contracting industry.
To be considered, please submit the following materials: A cover letter describing your qualifications, interests, and career objectives. The cover letter should clearly address your experience and interest. The resume that includes complete educational and professional experience.
Based on eligibility and job status, Cadmus offers an excellent benefits package to include: medical, dental, vision, company paid disability and life insurance, 401(k) program, employee stock ownership plan (ESOP), paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, voluntary time off (VTO), tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance program, other optional benefits and various bonus programs.
Cadmus is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination. Cadmus is committed to providing a respectful workplace where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation (including gender identity and/or expression), national origin, military and veteran status, physical and mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Learn more about Cadmus by visiting our website at: http://www.cadmusgroup.com