Climate Analytics is an Associate Member of the NDC Partnership (NDC-P) and an Implementing Partner of the Climate Action Enhancement Package (CAEP) of the NDC-P. The CAEP is a new offering of the NDC-P and aims to catalyze transformational change towards resilient, sustainable, and low-emission development, supporting the objectives of the Paris Agreement for member countries of the NDC-P. The CAEP is designed to deliver targeted, fast-track support to countries to enhance the quality, increase the ambition; and implement nationally determined contributions (or NDCs). Among other countries, Climate Analytics is currently supporting Nepal with scientific and technical analysis for designing the implementation plan of Nepal’s NDC.
Climate Analytics (CA) welcomes qualified, eligible candidates to apply for a Project Manager position anticipated to hold up to 6 months full-time contract, and to be based in Kathmandu, Nepal under the supervision of the CA in-country team as well as the overall project lead.
As the Project Manager, you will support the ongoing work in Nepal, particularly as it pertains to Climate Analytics’ technical assistance to the Government of Nepal in the strengthening of long-term, in-country, NDC implementation capacity under the NDC-Partnership Climate Action Enhancement Package (CAEP).
As per Nepal’s country request, Climate Analytics is currently supporting the development of capacity building training resources as well as the NDC Implementation Plan for electric mobility targets. These works will require project management and monitoring, as well as logistical coordination with Ministry focal point and other stakeholders.
The key responsibilities to support in the development of these two activities, include but may not be limited to the following activities listed below.
- Plan and manage projects workplan and overview of important milestones and deadlines
- Ensure projects and activities advance as they should by organising and coordinating project activities, including internal team communications
- Support facilitation / coordination of meetings with partners and stakeholders, including organisation of consultations and webinars as needed, the development of agendas, relevant materials, and taking minutes and dissemination of information.
- Track project deliverables, evaluation of project risks and progress, and contribute to reporting processes
- Assist the team with basic research and tools development
- Support management of project documentation, deliverables and knowledge systems
- Support copy-editing and formatting of documents / products as required.
- As activity and scope of work is finalized with the Ministry focal point, support related CAEP activities of Climate Analytics’ team in Nepal
- Role and responsibilities may expand, pending performance review and contract extension, to support South Asia Office in additional project management duties – including inter alia, resource planning and management, project management team collaboration, proposal development support etc.
You ideally have the following qualifications and skills:
- Sound experience in project management techniques; experience with project management and evaluation
- University degree in political, social or environmental science, or equivalent qualification; preferably with a focus on climate change.
- Fluent Nepali and excellent English written and verbal skills.
interested and engaged in the topic of climate change, and some understanding of the international climate negotiations is an advantage.
- You bring experience in budget controlling, eligibility rules and procedures.
- Excellent command of MS-Office (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint).
- Command of citation managers such as Zotero, Mendeley.
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills.
- Motivated, flexible and ability to work independently.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Work experience in climate- or environment-related field is a plus.
- An exciting working environment in an international team, and opportunity to engage relevant, key national stakeholders.
- Insights in the international climate negotiations and regional project application.
- Insights into national NDC implementation and capacity building processes.
- Competitive wage.
Application deadline: 18 October 2021
Starting date: As soon as possible
Location: Kathmandu Valley, Nepal
Terms: Currently we can offer a 6 months full-time contract. There is a prospect of extension subject to performance and funding and we are interested in long-term cooperation.
Please apply by sending your CV, cover letter and list of three references in PDF format exclusively using the application form and please indicate in your cover letter your earliest start date and your salary expectations. Applications by email or by post can unfortunately not be processed.
Virtual interviews will take place shortly after the application deadline.
If you would like any further information or have any questions don’t hesitate to contact [email protected].