World Vision Zambia (WVZ) Limited is a faith-based organization dealing with relief aid, development, and advocacy dedicated to working with children, families, and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. WVZ is part of World Vision International and serves all people regardless of religion, race, tribe, or gender. We are currently working on 38 large-scale programs in over 30 districts in Zambia.
Position: Development Facilitator for WASH x 2
Reporting to: Area Programme Manager
Location: Chipapa, & Buyantanshi, Zambia
Purpose of the Position:
The Development Facilitator for Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (DF WASH) is the focal person for all water supply, sanitation, and hygiene activities at the Area Programme (AP) level and is responsible for supporting the AP in planning, organizing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating key WASH program that will lead to reduced prevalence of waterborne and water-related diseases.
- Lead and ensure there is measurable integration of WASH activities in all the Sectors of the Strategy in line with the WASH specific “How To” document of the Strategy.
- Lead and manage the proper documentation and security (both manual and electronic) of key AP WASH documents and timely development and submission of programme progress monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports.
- Plan, organize, and ensure that the AP WASH Detailed Implementation Plans (including sponsorship and special projects) are timely implemented and budget spent according to the project operation plan.
- Plan, organize, and coordinate programmes for water supply at the AP level including the construction of new and rehabilitated water supply systems such as boreholes, piped spring systems, rain-water harvesting, and water treatment.
- Coordinate the process of obtaining AP baseline data for water resources, water supply, sanitation, and hygiene indicators to support project monitoring and evaluation.
- Coordinate AP-level activities leading to improved livelihoods of communities through the construction of small-scale irrigation systems and relevant animal husbandry.
- Coordinate program at AP level aimed at reducing the prevalence of waterborne and water-related diseases through the promotion of improved sanitation facilities, personal hygiene, and environmental practices, among communities and school children.
- Coordinate programmes aimed at improving community capacity to manage facilities and establishing an effective framework for sustainable water and sanitation development to improve community living conditions.
- Facilitate the multiple uses of WASH approaches in APs such as Community-Led Total Sanitation (CLTS), PHAST, and PHHE.
- Organize WASH-related stakeholders meetings, workshops, and training of beneficiaries and project implementers in the district
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience:
- Diploma in Environmental Health, Clinical or Public Health, Water Engineering, Environmental Sciences or Social Sciences;
- Master of Public Health or related field with be an added advantage
- At least three years of hands-on experience in working with rural or peri-urban public health programs, preferably related to community-based rural development work.
- Demonstrated experience in the field of Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene Education and multiple uses of water.
- Experience in conducting training, preparation of training materials, work plans, workflows, reports, and impact stories;
- Experience in preparing and monitoring budgets expenditure
- Good community participatory skills.
- Training or experience in conducting rapid rural appraisals.
- Experience in networking is necessary.
- Experience in using Microsoft Office (Word, Access, Excel.)
- Excellent skills in report writing.
- Excellent communication and human relations skills.
- The applicant should have at least knowledge in Community-Led Total Sanitation and PHAST Methodology;
- Community Engagement and stakeholder’s engagement at district and provincial level; and
- Conversant with national and international policies on water, sanitation, and hygiene
- Member of Engineering Institution of Zambia for practicing Engineering (EIZ)
- Member of Health Professional Council of Zambia for Practicing Health Workers (HPCZ)
- Member of Water Sanitation Association of Zambia (WASAZA)
- The position requires the ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 20 % of the time.
- Field based position with at least 80% of time in the field
“World Vision Zambia is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from all forms of abuse and sexual exploitation. All employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks”.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply; ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.