Location: Pacific Islands
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
Under Task Order 46 of the Asia Learning Monitoring and Evaluation (ALME) program, the USAID Regional Development Mission for Asia (RDMA) has requested Social Impact to complete a climate risk analysis in the Pacific Islands. The Analysis will be used to inform USAID programming in the Pacific Islands and identify opportunities for increased collaboration with local stakeholders.
Social Impact is seeking a Researcher to support this Climate Risk Analysis. The researcher will be responsible for assisting with literature review, qualitative data collection, and preparation of client deliverables. The project is anticipated to start in late 2021 and will last five to six months.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates based in the Pacific Islands will be considered.**
- In collaboration with the Team Leader and other team members, support the Climate Risk Analysis.
- Conduct qualitative data collection and analysis, including literature review and key informant interviews.
- Maintain clear and regular communication with the research team and HQ support staff, and inform the HQ team of any risks, problems, or challenges in a timely manner.
- Contribute to the development and finalization of project deliverables, including the work plan, oral presentations, draft report, and final report.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in climate change, environmental policy, or a closely related field.
- Minimum of five years of experience conducting research in climate change issues or three years of experience with a master’s degree.
- Experience working with USAID preferred.
- Exceptional organizational, analytical, writing, and presentation skills.
- Oral and written fluency in English required.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.