The Gender and Youth Inclusion Advisor will provide support to program teams in mainstreaming gender issues in the design and implementation of all the program components. S/he will lead in the development and implementation of the Gender and Youth strategy for the Western Kenya Water Program. S/he will take overall responsibility in conducting gender, youth and social inclusion analyses and ensure that they are well reflected in the design of the program interventions. The position will report to the Deputy Chief of Party and will be expected to provide support to all the program staff and partners in mainstreaming gender & youth concerns in their work across all the target areas.
- Develop the gender and youth mainstreaming strategy for the program and oversee its implementation.
- Support in activity implementation, monitoring to ensure they reflect the gender lens
- Support the program teams in generating lessons learned from integration of gender and youth strategies & action plans to effectively engage women, youth and other vulnerable groups.
- Identify policy, legal or regulatory constraints that present challenges or opportunities for gender, youth, and other vulnerable groups and institute strategies of overcoming the same in collaboration with the target county governments, water utilities, target communities and/or private sector.
- Supporting monitoring, evaluation and learning activities as related to the Gender and Youth Strategy and action plans.
- Design the gender & youth inclusion training curriculum & materials and manage their dissemination to program staff, partners, and beneficiaries – target county governments, water utilities, communities and other stakeholders.
- Ensure gender mainstreaming in all interventions from their design, inclusion in the annual work plans, planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting to USAID
- Support documentation of case studies, progress reports and development of other knowledge management materials from a gender lens.
Education & Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in Gender Studies, Social Sciences, Education, Development Studies or relevant discipline. Preferred Master’s Degree in a relevant discipline.
- At least 5 years’ working experience in providing technical assistance support on gender & youth integration issues to public and / or private sector actors.
- Experience in developing training curriculum and conducting training to staff, partners, county governments and utilities.
- Experience working collaboratively with institutional and private‐sector partners and stakeholders in Kenya with good understanding of WASH development dynamics in Western Kenya.
- Good understanding of gender and youth inclusion in the context of WASH in Western Kenya.
- Strong relationship management skills, with the ability to engage direct and indirect reports and peers
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English – understanding of local languages will be an added advantage
If you are interested and meet the above qualifications, please apply by sending your CV with a cover letter indicating the names of at least three referees indicating the position title in the subject line to [email protected].
The deadline for receiving applications is October 22, 2021.
Kenya Markets Trust is an equal opportunity employer. Female Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.