International Association for Relief and Development (Onsur) is a non-governmental organization registered in Turkey N° (27-018-178) dealing with the Relief and development projects through the empowerment of local communities to ensure a decent life, Founded at the beginning of 2012. ONSUR works through the main office is located in Gaziantep’s province Turkey, in addition to execution offices in Syria, Lebanon, Iraq, Yemen and Turkey
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the implementation of all Shelter & WASH project activities to ensure the project is completed in a timely and accountable manner
- Communicate with the program staff in field on a regular basis to coordinate day-to-day implementation of activities, to follow up on security situation, to collect data, and to conduct training as needed (Remote from Gaziantep)
- Assist with proposal development, including strategic design, research and writing, and assist with seeking potential new partners and donors
- Represent ONSUR at the SNFI & WASH Clusters sand at other external meetings as needed
- Communicate with staff in field on a regular basis to coordinate day to day activities, documentation collection, and logistics
- Oversee the work of program staff in field and ensure proper tracking of implementation, reporting, and logistics
- Follow up on security situation in field to develop contingency plans for projects and to ensure the continuation of programming
- Collaborate with MEAL team to set up, plan, and follow up with MEAL plans for relevant projects
The Ideal Candidate:
- Is a Turkish national
- Has a degree in a relevant field such as Civil Engineering, Architect Engineering or a field relevant to international Shelter & WASH related development assistance
- Has at least 3 years of experience implementing Shelter & WASH programs
- Has experience with donor-funded grants and reporting
- Is fluent in English and Arabic, Turkish (preferred)
- Previous experience with remote management and with implementing cross-border programs in Syria is desired
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual may encounter while performing the essential functions of this position. The environment is fast-paced and dynamic and will require flexibility and a willingness to complete job duties from a remote location in a timely manner when needed.
How to apply
Interested candidates should use the following link for registration:
We thank all applicants; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Shortlisting and interviews could be done before the application closing date.