We are a global professional services company that leads through engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Our forward-looking, innovative approaches connect and sustain communities around the world. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are focused on building lasting relationships with our partners and clients. GHD’s International Development Assistance (IDA) Team delivers project management and technical services for the world’s largest development organisations to improve the lives of people in developing countries.
The Papua New Guinea – Australia Transport Sector Support Program Phase Two (TSSP2) continues the Australian Government’s long term commitment to the PNG transport infrastructure sector. The shared long-term goal of TSSP2 is a safer, more reliable transport system in place enabling economic and social development in PNG.
About the role
The Environmental Safeguards Climate Change and Disaster Resilience Adviser is a fulltime position based in Port Moresby until April 2022 (with possibility of extension). The role will work within the Transport Sector Development Group supporting capacity development of nominated Transport Sector Agencies (TSAs) in PNG to develop and strengthen strategies, plans and activities aimed at improving environmental safeguards, climate change and disaster resilience across the sector. The role will engage with partner agencies and stakeholders to implement the TSSP2 Environmental Safeguards Climate Change and Disaster Resilience Strategy to guide the work of TSSP2 which has been developed in collaboration with the Australia Pacific Climate Partnership. Eligible candidates must have the following specific skill requirements:
- Relevant qualifications in fields such as Climate Change, Environmental Science/Management, or Geography;
- Experience in facilitating stakeholder engagement, planning, implementation and monitoring of environmental safeguards, climate change, and disaster risk reduction programs in the Pacific;
- Demonstrated experience in supporting public sector governance and an understanding of the political, strategic and operational environment of International Development;
- Knowledge and understanding of the synergy between international, regional and national environmental/GESI policies/ strategies;
- Demonstrated experience in applying practical capacity development methodologies with a range of stakeholders in the Pacific;
- A high degree of emotional intelligence and demonstrated ability to inspire, negotiate, influence and cocreate with colleagues, peers and in particular with women, people with disabilities and marginalised groups in the Pacific island context;
- Competence with a range of computer software programs and professional writing skills to prepare high quality reports and documents that communicate effectively to the intended audience.
You will have a demonstrated understanding of the requirement to model high standards of professionalism, integrity and accountability and all candidates must adhere to GHD’s Child Protection Policy, Integrity Management Policy, Code of Conduct and other key policies. To express your interest, Apply Now and submit your CV and cover letter addressing the specific skill requirements. Closing date Sunday 17 October 2021.
GHD is committed to protecting children and their rights and requires all IDA Personnel to comply with the GHD Child Protection Policy and the GHD International Development Assistance Child Protection Procedures in delivering development assistance services. GHD is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities and invites applications from people of all nationalities, genders, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders.
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly ‘One GHD’ across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents – Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.