About PVH Corp.
PVH is one of the most admired fashion and lifestyle companies in the world.
We power brands that drive fashion forward ? for good.
Our brand portfolio includes the iconic CALVIN KLEIN and TOMMY HILFIGER. We market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands. PVH has over 40,000 associates operating in over 40 countries and $9.9 billion in annual revenues. That’s the Power of Us. That’s the Power of PVH.
About Tommy Hilfiger
Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, is a global apparel and retail company with more than 16,000 associates worldwide. With the support of strong global consumer recognition, Tommy Hilfiger has built an extensive distribution network in over 90 countries and more than 1,400 retail stores throughout North America, Europe, Latin America and the Asia Pacific region. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were $9.2 billion in 2019
Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a brand portfolio that includes TOMMY HILFIGER and TOMMY JEANS.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s most recognized premium designer lifestyle groups and is recognized for celebrating the essence of ?classic American cool? style, featuring preppy with a twist designs.
Its focus is designing and marketing high-quality men’s tailored clothing and sportswear, women’s collection apparel and sportswear, kidswear, denim collections, underwear (including robes, sleepwear and loungewear), footwear and accessories. Through select licensees, Tommy Hilfiger offers complementary lifestyle products such as eyewear, watches, fragrance, swimwear, socks, small leather goods, home goods and luggage.
At PVH we are transforming the fashion industry by breaking conventions, always exploring ways to bring the fashion industry forward and constantly accelerating the pace in which we do business. The Sustainable Business and Innovation (SBI) team’s mission is to transform the organization into a sustainable, equitable and innovative business that continuously rethinks value. We achieve this through inspiration, catalyzing, enabling, delivering expertise, collaboration and co-creation. This is the department where new businesses are created, exciting product innovations are born and real impact is being made on the quality of life within our organization and in the world we interact with. We make people see beyond what is, to create the brand and business we want to be. The five pillars within Sustainable Business and Innovation are Environmental Sustainability, Innovation, Circular Business, Inclusion and Diversity and Sustainable Business Strategy.
Environmental sustainability has grown into an integrated part of the brand over the past years. Anchored in the brand vision and principles, it has now become a crucial part of who we are and how we do things. Robust programs on sustainable product and operations have yielded results such as nearly 100% of our global cotton volume being sustainably sourced, pioneering water stewardship work, significant volumes of products being made with sustainable materials and low impact processes, and 100% renewable energy in Europe achieved in 2020. We launched innovations like 100% recycled denim and we’re the proud operators of a warehouse with the most powerful sunroof in the world.
Reporting into the EVP Sustainable Business and Innovation for Tommy Hilfiger Global and PVH Europe this position leads all initiatives and strategies around sustainable products and operations. The VP Environmental Sustainability is responsible for setting direction and strategy on sustainability for the global Tommy Hilfiger brand on circular design, sustainable product and sourcing, GHG and waste and for overseeing the brand’s environmental sustainability programs and progress on and achievement of targets set within the Make It Possible Strategy. The VP will ensure alignment within the global brand organization and with the corporate organization in order to drive programs forward. The VP will also be responsible for (further) developing and progressing the environmental strategy for the brand, ensuring and maintaining a leading position in the market for Tommy Hilfiger in sustainability.
Next to the TH brand responsibility, this position leads the sustainability activities for the PVH Europe organization: partnering with all business leads as well as the executive team, to support the integration of environmental sustainability in business strategies and activities in a coherent and consistent manner. This includes the responsibility for the execution of the PVH wide sustainability strategy Forward Fashion as well as the Calvin Klein sustainability strategy in the European region.
Deliverables and responsibilities
o Provide a north star and strategic direction for the environmental sustainability programs, in line with the overall Sustainable Business vision and keeping the ambition high
o Ensure a leadership position for the Tommy Hilfiger brand in environmental sustainability, with an emphasis circular product, continuously challenging and bringing in new perspectives to the brand
- Brand and business building
o Foster a seamless integration of environmental sustainability into brand and business, through anchoring sustainability activities in the business strategy
o Enabling business ownership of and excellence in sustainability
o Maximize the brand and business value from the sustainability (product) activities, always rooted in real impact
o Inspire and support the business to take ownership, accelerate programs
- Sustainability programs
o Lead the sustainability team, providing clear direction and guidance for the development and execution of the sustainable product and operations programs
o Ensure operational excellence (building the right processes and systems) and embedding of sustainability programs into the daily business
o Ensure continuous innovation on sustainability programs and products
o Safeguard integrity and impact of the sustainability programs and activities
- At least 15 years of working experience in sustainability in an international business environment
- Strong knowledge of sustainability, preferably in fashion or another FMCG environment
- Excellent business acumen and strategic capacity
- Sound understanding of consumer and brand environment
- Visionary leader with an open and participative style
- Great sensitivity for organizational needs and processes
- A highly collaborative mind-set
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills and analytical skills
- Excellent stakeholder and relationship management skills
- Practical and out-of-the box thinking combined with a bird’s eye view
- Tenacity in a kind and creative way
Opportunities for development and learning
- Working on the cutting edge of an area that is given top priority by the CEO, in a fast-paced international business environment in the fashion industry
- Be part of the team that shapes the future of the Tommy Hilfiger Global brand in the SBI group.
- Work as a business partner with many other parts of the business on exciting opportunities and development of new sustainable initiatives
- Collaborating with a peer group of ambitious, talented and forward-looking colleagues
What can you expect from us
- A beautiful state-of-the-art Campus, complete with a gym and a People’s Place café, located by the water in Amsterdam
- An international environment which respects diversity, equality and individuality
- A Smart Work set up, enabling a hybrid between work from home and work from office, and allowing up to 4 weeks working from abroad, amongst other perks
- A culture of development and coaching, offering training and learning opportunities
- To top it all off, you will be working in an organization that encourages an entrepreneurial mindset, employees that are driven, solution oriented and value a collaborative culture
Main partners (but not limited to)
- The other department in the Sustainable business and innovation group: Sustainable Business Strategy, Innovation, Circular Business and Inclusion and Diversity
- Brand and product organizations
- Supply Value Chain organization, incl sourcing and raw materials
- Business Development
- Markets (regional organizations)
PVH Europe and our brands, TOMMY HILFIGER and CALVIN KLEIN, are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of associates with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with top talent from every walk of life and corner of the world. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.