Senior Consultant – Technical Advisory
UK Wide; preferred locations – Cardiff, Bristol, Birmingham, Croydon, Exeter, Guildford, London, Manchester, Warrington
At Arcadis, we never lose sight of what is most important – look beyond our projects and programmes and you will see it is about human stories. From remaking public spaces that bring people together, to making cities easier to navigate, we are focused on making an impact where it matters most – and improving quality of life.
It is a big challenge and therefore we need people committed to bringing their best, who deliver on their promises. People who value different perspectives, build sustainable relationships, and dare to shape the future. People who seize the experiences available to transform their world and the world around them.
It is a shared goal amongst 27,000 Arcadians and one that we can only achieve by working together and applying our skills and expertise across design, consultancy, engineering, project, and management services. It is how we will find solutions to our clients’ most complex challenges and how we will deliver exceptional results, today and tomorrow.
Based in the UK, we have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Consultant with a background in water management to join our Technical Advisory team.
You will be a key member of the Technical Advisory team, helping grow the business, mentor junior staff and deliver excellence for our clients. Your work will focus on providing technical and strategic advice direct to major public and private sector clients on topics including the management of flood and coastal risk, sustainable drainage and surface water management, water resources and quality, water-related climate change adaptation and mitigation. This can include delivery of specific projects or the development of new procedures and strategies to maximise our clients’ performance and meet changing regulatory requirements and communities’ needs.
You will collaborate closely with Arcadis’ engineers, environmentalists, change and programme managers, digital experts and clients’ own advisors to shape your advice and sustainable solutions and inform their own work.
Additional responsibilities of this role include:
- Overseeing the delivery of projects on time, meeting both quality and budgetary targets, whilst striving to exceed client expectations.
- Providing technical advice on appraisal, benefits realisation and six capitals approaches for water related programmes and projects
- Helping develop marketing and capability material and leading or playing a key role in pursuit opportunities and tender responses
- Being flexible in your approach and ability to work effectively across sectors and industries as part of a team or individually, leading small-medium sized projects or sub-projects.
- Encouraging innovative and entrepreneurial thinking among team members and colleagues
- Guiding the development of the team through technical advice and mentoring, and supporting their professional development programmes.
- Experience of working in the water sector from an industry, regulatory or consultancy background – candidates with a wider background will also be considered
- A good strategic thinker, comfortable with dealing with ambiguity, with experience in developing and/or delivering strategies and strategic planning, policy or similar initiatives
- The confidence and flexibility to thrive in structured and unstructured work environments, as a member of a team or individually with minimal supervision
- Good knowledge of project delivery and asset management
- Proven track record of successfully delivering projects or initiatives
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with clients, colleagues and team members – building and maintaining productive relationships
- Experience with change programmes and wider business transformation would be advantageous
- A willingness to work in client co-located offices and teams (including virtually)
At Arcadis, you will have the opportunity to build the career that is right for you because each Arcadian has their own motivations and career goals.
As a ‘people ﬁrst’ business, we will take the time to listen and understand what you want from your time here and provide the support you need to achieve your ambitions. Wherever you join us, you can look forward to a competitive reward package that includes an attractive starting salary, opportunities for career development and being part of a sociable community. We have a performance-related bonus scheme and an employee recognition scheme. Other beneﬁts include membership fees to join your relevant professional body, employer contribution pension scheme, ﬂexible working and a flexible holiday scheme.
We believe that by working together, diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity, and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams- Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.
- A degree in a relevant subject
- Chartered status or progress towards achieving it with an appropriate professional institution
- Full membership of an appropriate professional institution