Job No: 494918
Location: Austin, TX 78703
Categories: Operations/Maintenance (Power, Water, Transmission, Telecom)
LCRA is looking for a stormwater inspector to join our team to help protect water quality in the Highland Lakes Watershed. The inspection area would be within LCRA’s Highland Lakes Watershed Ordinance jurisdictional area and would provide an opportunity to be part of team protecting water quality in a fast growing region. Our ideal candidate will have experience in the field of stormwater best management practices and erosion and sediment control installation in a construction environment. A candidate should also have well developed communication skills both oral and written. This position will require you to use those skills when dealing with the public, contractors, and development community. If you are looking for a job to use your skills and knowledge to be on the front lines of water quality protection while working for a company who has a mission to enhance the lives of Central Texans, this is the job for you.
You will be trusted to:
– Perform stormwater best management practices and Erosion and Sediment Control
inspections at permitted and exempt sites to comply with LCRA’s Watershed Ordinance.
– Document inspections within MyPermit database
– Prepare and deliver inspection reports
– Reviews construction plans and permit applications
– Responds to complaints by conducting site inspections and documentation in database
– Perform site meetings with the public, builders, contractors, and engineers
You qualify with:
– Bachelors degree in science or engineering
– Driver’s license
– Minimum Qualifications for positions assigned OSSF responsibility:
– Bachelor’s degree in science, engineering or a related field.
– Experience in a related position may be considered in lieu of a degree.
– Driver’s license
– Required to obtain Site Evaluator License within six months of employment
– Required to obtain Designated Representative License with six months of employment
You are a great fit with:
– Knowledge of stormwater quality protection and erosion/sediment control best management
– Experience in construction, design and/or inspection of best management practices for
stormwater quality protection and erosion/sediment control.
– Demonstrated ability to interpret construction drawing, design schematics and project
– Good communication skills, including report writing, customer and consultant interface, and
coordination with members of the public and land development community.
– Competitive salary & medical, dental, vision and legal insurance
– Paid time off, including time for vacation, sick and family care leave
– 401(k) match up to 8% that includes a student loan 401(k) contribution program option
– Life and disability insurance
– Wellness program including wellness incentive
– Extensive learning & development programs
And more – all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
LCRA provides equal employment opportunities and a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at LCRA are based on business need, job requirement and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal and state legal requirements governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Advertised: 10/06/2021 Central Daylight Time