This position will be the practice leader for Stormwater sector issues. The professional is responsible for collaborating with several internal WEF groups, including Marketing, Finance, and Technical Programs, as well as outside partners, vendors, and collaborators to sustain and grow the stormwater program. To facilitate collaboration between stormwater and collection systems communities, the position will also serve as staff manager for Collection Systems Committee.
- Contributes to the development of a strategic plan to expand the role of WEF in the stormwater sector.
- Business development of Stormwater Institute, including the development of a business plan/model, the acquisition of subscribers, and the pursuit of outside funding for Institute expansion and the development products.
- Engage national, state, and local regulators to inform and influence stormwater policy.
- Coordinate with Government Affairs and the Government Affairs Committee to advocate for the stormwater needs of members and subscribers through engagement on legislative activities.
- Represent WEF at stormwater conferences and events
- Assess and evaluate the program and implementation for continued improvement.
- Provide updates to internal leadership to communicate progress on how program is meeting larger WEF goals.
- Develop, coach, and mentor staff to maximize productivity and professional development
- Serve as technical manager of the WEF Collection Systems Committee to ensure collaboration with the Stormwater and Watershed committees.
- Participate in teams to proactively develop revenue opportunities to support WEF programs.
- Manages projects and coordinated volunteer activity for WEF outputs technical briefs, Learning Management System, webcasts, specialty conferences, and WEFTEC.
- Ensures collaboration with other departments including Communications group, Publications group, Marketing, Social Media, and other groups as applicable.
- May supervise WSEC community engagement staff to ensure efficient and effective operations and management of technical member communities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, environmental engineering, public health, or related field
- Master’s degree, Professional engineer, licensed operator, or other relevant certifications desirable
- 5-15 years experience
- High degree of initiative and interest in business and service development
- Ability to lead staff/volunteer teams
- Able to manage multiple projects and deadlines with minimum direction and to lead projects from initial concept to delivery
- Grasp of engineering, scientific, and mathematical principles underlying technology of municipal water systems
- Understanding of current technical, policy, and management issues facing municipal and consulting professionals
- Articulate with excellent written communication skills & ability to serve as WEF representative
- Detail oriented and accurate with excellent project management skills
Ability to travel up to 25%
This person will work primarily in an office environment using standard office equipment.
Please submit resume with cover letter and salary requirements to [email protected]
WEF is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age marital status, or physical handicap.
Who We Are
The Water Environment Federation (WEF) is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age marital status, or physical handicap.
WEF is a not-for-profit technical and educational organization of about 30,000 individual members and 75 affiliated Member Associations representing water quality professionals around the world. Since 1928, WEF and its members have protected public health and the environment. As a global water sector leader, our mission is to connect water professionals, enrich the expertise of water professionals, increase the awareness of the impact and value of water, and provide a platform for water sector innovation.
The Water Environment Federation (WEF) maintains diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) as core principles of our organization’s mission. Our members, Board of Trustees (BOT), volunteer leaders, and staff together and individually share responsibility to uphold these principles. We are committed to creating an organization that acknowledges and celebrates our unique differences including education, career background, age, gender, race, ethnicity, nationality, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, ability status, accent, socioeconomic status, cultural heritage and religion, parental status, marital status, veteran, personality type, political perspective, and all other characteristics of DE&I.
WEF offers our employees an outstanding benefit package that includes retirement savings options, flexible work schedules, generous Paid Time Off (PTO) as well as health, dental, life and disability insurance. WEF also provides opportunities for professional development and tuition reimbursement.