adelphi is an independent think tank and leading international public policy consultancy on climate, environment and development. Our 200-strong team of experts and specialists plays a key role in generating and promoting new ideas, shaping debates, building new strategies and setting agendas. We help to forge new paths towards a sustainable future, both by providing scientifically sound policy analysis and by working in dialogue with political and civil society actors and decision-makers
Join us and you can expect to work on topical issues that connect the worlds of science and politics, in collaboration with policymakers and practitioners around the world. Contribute your ideas and expertise as part of our interdisciplinary, international project teams, and benefit from a collaborative working and learning environment with flat organisational structures.
Your working field
Sustainable water resource management requires understanding secure water supply in the nexus of energy and food production and resolving conflicting goals constructively. adelphi integrates multidisciplinary perspectives and develops adapted solutions for socio-economic and natural frameworks. We evaluate sustainable technologies and implement innovative solutions for water supply and sanitation in rural and urban areas in international projects.
We are looking for two interns for a period of 3 months starting in November 2021 to support the water team in various projects in the field of water/sustainable water resource management. You will get to know the broad sprectum of our activties, while having the opportunity to gain a deeper insight into one of these projects, with a focus on one or more of the topics:
• Promoting a water-conscious circular economy in cities
• Managed aquifer recharge
• Innovative water treatment technologies
• River basin management and institutions
- supporting the development of feasibility studies for the application of innovative technologies and software tools to promote a water-conscious circular economy in cities worldwide
- supporting the development of financing plans for river basin organisations
- supporting the development of a project concept for the implementation of managed aquifer recharge systems in Egypt
- Conception and formatting of texts
- Supporting the preparation and execution of expert interviews, workshops and trainings
- Research work on different topics of interest for our projects
- Supporting daily tasks of the project work
What we are looking for:
- You are a student in the field of environmental engineering / resource management / environmental management, or comparable fields, with a focus on the topic of water (sustainable/integrated water resource management, water pollution control, urban water management) and require a compulsory internship or would like to complete a three-month orientation internship
- You have proven interest and initial experience in working on issues related to integrated water resource management and/or water treatment. International experience in the field of circular economy with a focus on the water sector, groundwater recharge as well as river basin management is an advantage
- You are experienced in using the common office user programmes, knowledge of GIS and CAD software is an advantage.
- You have a good writing style and are fluent in German and English (other languages (Spanish, French) are an advantage)
- You have a structured and careful way of working
- The completion of your compulsory or orientation internship (40 hrs/week) for a period of 3 months starting in November 2021 with the prospect of continuing to work with adelphi as a project assistant in the water team with a working time of up to 20 hrs/week
- A varied and autonomous job and the assumption of responsible, varied tasks in a sustainable company
- An exciting, flexible and multicultural working environment and an appreciative corporate culture with flat hierarchies
- Benefits with the BVG
- Active work-life balance through flexible working hours, diverse working time models and mobile working
- An attractive and centrally located office on the Spree as an ideal environment for creative work
Does that sound interesting to you? Please submit your full application (incl CV, copies of certificates and information on your availability) by 15 October 2021 through our online application form.