The Project Coordinator will provide proactive, customer-focused administrative, operations, and programmatic support for the Global Waters Communications and Knowledge Management contract as well as other projects in the Strategic Initiatives practice area. We are looking for someone who is highly organized, detail-oriented, proactive, and can coordinate multiple activities simultaneously, with an interest in communications and adult learning programs.
The position is based at EnCompass’ Rockville, MD headquarters. Expected to be remote until November 2021. Must be legally authorized to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Essential functions include:
- Support project managers with communications, scheduling and coordination with clients, subcontractors and consultants
- Support the production of project deliverables, this may include writing, proofreading, and/or coordinating translation, editing, and formatting services; supports the process of ensuring the quality of project deliverables
- Support project managers with budget and deliverable management, including tracking the development and submission of contractual monthly, quarterly and annual technical and financial reports for clients.
- Support finance department in processing consultant invoices, preparing billing, keeping track of project expenses, drafting consultant agreements and the purchase and payment of products and services
- Support the administration, design, data collection, data analysis, and report-writing for training needs assessments and training evaluations
- Produce/Co-produce online meetings, webinars, and virtual instructor led training (vILT) sessions, as needed
- Work closely with clients and participants in organizing learning events (e.g., maintaining up to date participant lists, drafting communications, sending welcome letters, responding to questions, etc.)
- Provide support to consultants (trainers, facilitators and coaches), including communication via email, conference calls and in-person meetings
- Support team coordination around contract deliverables including regular communications around work plan, tasks, and activities
- Populate and maintain team and project knowledge management platforms, to include SharePoint team and communications sites
- Interact with appropriate level client points of contact, as needed
- Engage fully as a member of the EnCompass staff team, including participating in staff meetings and other EnCompass activities
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of experience or an Associate’s degree with five years of experience or a High School Diploma and 7 years of experience. At least 2 years of experience should consist of providing administrative support to project teams
- Knowledge of US Government financial reporting and compliance processes and requirements desirable
- Experience in supporting donor funded procurements and subcontracts desirable
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to organize, manage, prioritize, and follow through on multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills, knowledge of Arabic, Spanish or French language a plus
- Previous event planning and management experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Google Suite application (Google Docs, Google Slides, etc. ) a plus
- Proven capacity to take initiative and willingness to learn new skills as needed
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to interact with individuals at all levels
- Familiarity with e-learning tools, virtual Instructor-Led Trainings (vILT) on Zoom, Blue Jeans, Google Meets and other online instructional products highly desirable
- Familiarity with drafting communications for social media and web based platforms highly desirable
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Ability to work in a strengths-based appreciative environment with colleagues and client
How to Apply
Please submit CV and cover letter and complete the application at https://app.ismartrecruit.com/jobDescription?x=E7pZW5jb21wYXNzd29ybGQuY29tXzM2Nl9QUk9NT1RFVVJMX2VuQ9e
EnCompass LLC is a progressive Equal Opportunity Employer. We promote, celebrate, and support a diverse and inclusive organizational culture and workforce. We are committed to providing all of our employees with an environment free from discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect. We do not tolerate, and explicitly prohibit, discrimination or harassment of any kind, at any time, in all aspects of employment. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, disciplinary measures, terminations, compensation, benefits, social and recreational programs, and training. EnCompass also does not tolerate retaliation against individuals who report discrimination or harassment. Our continuing commitment to the principle of Equal Opportunity Employment for all means all employment decisions are based only on the job requirements, the candidate’s qualifications, and the needs of EnCompass as a business—not on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, belief, sex (including pregnancy and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, HIV status, family/marital/parental status, or any other status protected by the laws and regulations in the jurisdictions where we work.
As a covered Federal contractor, EnCompass must comply with the President’s Executive Order 14042 and the follow-on guidance issued by Safer Federal Workforce Task Force on COVID-19 Workplace Safety. Therefore, all US-based EnCompass employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 8, 2021, to include staff working from home.
|For US based positions: The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.|
|The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.|
customer-focused administrative,operations,Communications ,procurements
EnCompass LLC is a women-owned, small business consulting firm working in International Development, and offering innovative and customized solutions for leadership, capacity strengthening, technical assistance, and monitoring and evaluation. We have experience in more than 70 countries and a team of more than 100 staff and 1,200 experts around the globe. We partner with government and multilateral agencies, nonprofit organizations, and corporations around the world, offering thought leadership, rich diversity, and technical expertise in global health, inclusive development, education, human rights, and food security.
Founded in 1999, EnCompass began as a virtual organization supporting clients and implementing work through a network of staff and expert consultants. Today, we have more than 110 full-time staff and a Global Consulting Network, our vetted database of specialists, through which we engage, on average, 200 consultants each year. In early 2017, EnCompass opened its first international office in Addis Ababa for Transform: a Primary Health Care project. In 2019, we set up our second field office in Lima, Peru. We maintain a full-time staff presence in Benin, Ethiopia, Germany, Great Britain, Peru, and Uganda.