The Virginia Coastal Policy Center (VCPC) at William & Mary Law School provides science-based legal and policy analysis of ecological issues affecting the state’s coastal resources, providing education and advice to a host of Virginia’s decision-makers, from government officials and legal scholars to non-profit and business leaders. VCPC grounds its pedagogical goals in the law school’s philosophy of the citizen lawyer. VCPC students’ highly diverse interactions beyond the borders of the legal community provide the framework for their efforts in solving the complex coastal resource management issues that currently face Virginia and the nation.
The Program Coordinator will support the mission of the Virginia Coastal Policy Center by providing several key programmatic needs.
- Fiscal and Grant Administration, including working with key partners such as Law School financial staff, the university Office of Sponsored Programs, and project grant partners to manage VCPC’s grant portfolio.
- Administrative support for the VCPC Director and Assistant Director, particularly for the grant-funded Resilience Adaptation Feasibility Tool (RAFT) project, which is a multi-university partnership working in Virginia localities to increase resilience to climate change impacts.
- Communications, including ensuring VCPC leadership and other key stakeholders are aware of project status and financial, logistical, or other barriers to successful project completion and/or delivery.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous fiscal administration or accounting experience
- Skilled using Microsoft Office, particularly good Excel skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple responsibilities with a high degree of
- accuracy and minimum supervision
- Excellent organizational skills, accurate and detail-oriented
- Ability to work proactively and independently to complete projects while also working collaboratively to ensure all facets of the job are accomplished
- Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative and discretion
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience managing pre- and/or post-award processes for federal, foundation, or corporate grants
- Experience working on projects with multiple partners and responsibilities or deliverables
- Interest or experience working with natural resource and climate change initiatives
- Experience working in a nonprofit or academic setting
- Skilled using Adobe Suite and financial database programs such as Airtable, Oracle, Raiser’s Edge, or similar
- Experience working with W&M systems and applications, including Chrome River, Qlik, BuyW&M, and Banner, or similar
Conditions of Employment
- There is the possibility of remote work options with some in-person requirements.
- This is a non-exempt position, eligible to receive overtime in accordance with the Fair Labor Standards Act. This position may be subject to overtime during high peak times, etc. as directed and approved by the supervisor.
- All staff and faculty must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination must be provided on the employee’s first day of employment. If an accommodation is needed, please contact Human Resources.
Advertised Pay Range
Up to $45,000, Commensurate with experience
Special Application Instructions
For full consideration, please complete full application and submit a resume and cover letter.
William & Mary values diversity and invites applications from underrepresented groups who will enrich the research, teaching and service missions of the university. The university is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Background Check Statement
William & Mary is committed to providing a safe campus community. W&M conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.
Benefits Summary Statement
William & Mary offers our employees a full array of benefits including retirement, health insurance with options for expanded dental and vision along with group and optional life insurance with coverage for spouse and children, flexible spending accounts, and an EAP (Employee Assistance Program).
Our employees enjoy additional university benefits such as educational assistance, professional development, wellness benefits, and a robust holiday schedule. All employees have access to fitness facilities on campus. Staff members also have access to the university libraries, and much more. To learn more, go to: https://www.wm.edu/offices/hr/currentemployees/benefits/index.php
Apply for Job: https://jobs.wm.edu/postings/44542