Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE, Inc. is transforming manufacturing with world-class standards that ensure our products are made responsibly and sustainably. Everything we do puts workers at the center. We are respecting the environment and using cutting-edge technologies to create better, more personalized products for our customers.
Many of the challenges we seek to address are complex and beyond the scope of one brand or company. We need to work collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders to think creatively, and pool our skills in order to address risks and improve outcomes for our manufacturing factories, workers, and their communities.WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking for a Water Deployment Director to be based in Singapore. This role will lead deployment of our Global RSM Water strategies created at World Headquarters (WHQ) to strategic manufacturing partners around the globe to ensure foundational expectations of wastewater discharge are met, efficient use of fresh water for manufacturing and water risks across our supply chain. The candidate needs to have excellent communication skills across multiple stakeholders, proven ability to work cross-functionally, and the ability influence across different cultures and leadership levels. Your success will depend on your ability to quickly form professional relationships with colleagues and then drive to rigorous, well-communicated deliverables.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
* Lead deployment of Sustainable Water strategies created at World Headquarters (WHQ) to strategic manufacturing partners around the globe. (focus in TW + Asia). Create Water deployment strategy.
* Collaborate and partner with key Nike stakeholders to align on water sustainability objectives. Leverage global water team to deploy strategies in other regions.
* Drive factory environmental performance to achieve public sustainability targets related to water efficiency and wastewater discharge through recycling and reuse opportunities.
* Lead coordination of Nike global Water team to develop sharing of best practices, and syncronize with factory groups.
* Develop water scarcity and flooding risk mitigation plans with suppliers to ensure business continuity.
* Proactively monitor local, regional, and global events related to water scarcity, flooding, and the realize and communicate the implications of these risk event on the supply chain.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
* The position is located in Singapore, and reports to the Deployment Director in Singapore with a dotted line to the SM&S Water Director in Oregon, USA.
* Provide functional expertise and build capabilities of Nike field consultants, and manufacturing suppliers’ water teams on water management and wastewater treatment.
* Closely collaborate with Nike business units (Footwear, Apparel + Equipment) and internal materials management team to implement water strategies and initiatives.
* Develop supplier capabilities to create business case and return on investment analyses. Influence manufacturing partner leadership through such analysis and relationship development.
* This role is a key link between head quarter vision / strategy and field execution at contract manufacturers. Such deployment drives improved business performance globally by supporting the water strategies across the Nike Inc manufacturing supply chain.WHAT YOU BRING
* Bachelor’s degree in Science, Chemistry, chemical engineering; master’s degree in environmental engineering a plus.
* 8+ years experience in industrial water management and wastewater treatment and project management. Candidates with experience in Sustainability or Environmental Science preferred.
* Demonstrated experience with overall facility management (water, wastewater, boilers, energy conservation) preferred.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
HOW WE HIRE
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.
Whether it’s transportation or financial health, we continually invest in our employees to help them achieve greatness — inside and outside of work. All who work here should be able to realize their full potential.