If you’re like us, you don’t have much time for the way things are.
Ausenco is a global company redefining what’s possible. Our team is based across 26 offices in 14 countries, with projects in over 80 locations worldwide. Combining our deep technical expertise with a 30-year track record, we deliver innovative, value-add consulting studies, project delivery, asset operations and maintenance solutions to the mining & metals, oil & gas, and industrial sectors.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Principal Water Resources Modelling Specialist to join our water resources team and support our continuous growth in advising clients in the natural resources sector.
About the role
- Lead and supervision of major hydrogeologic projects.
- Mentoring and training Jr members of the team
- Perform underground and surface water modeling for various proposed projects.
- Lead works with the requestor to develop/confirm model assumptions and desired model output.
- Analyze model outputs and present recommendations based on those outputs (i.e. technical memos, reports, etc.).
- Maintain and update models so that they can represent current/planned water supply facilities, operations, and demands.
- Develop hydrogeological conceptual models and investigations
- Prepare technical and economic proposals
- Create and maintain documentation of all models.
- Hydraulic Engineer, Hydrogeologist, or similar
- Proven experience in business development in the mining industry in Chile.
- Advance experience in GoldSim, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, VISUAL MODFLOW, Groundwater Vistas, FEFLOW,SEEP/W e HYDRUS 1D.
- At least 15 years of experience supporting mining projects and operations in Chile, with at least 8 years of recent experience offering consulting services.
- Skills and knowledge of Project Management with proven experience in management of
- Demonstrated track record of risk, financial and budget management.
- Experience leading multidisciplinary teams.
- Ability to solve problems.
- A team worker who thrives in an open and collaborative environment
- English (advanced oral and written)
Working for Ausenco means you won’t settle for the status quo – you’ll be part of a forward-thinking, culturally diverse organisation. We expect our people to deliver outstanding results and will give you the licence to find a better way forward for your clients and stakeholders.
In addition to a competitive remuneration package, we provide employees with a wide range of growth opportunities and training programs to build your skills and pursue your career path.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce As a global company we embrace and encourage diversity in its fullest sense – gender, age, experience, nationality, colour, language, religion, location, disability, education, skills, working styles and time availability. Our work environments are based on mutual trust and respect for the rights and opportunities of every individual.
COVID-19 The health and safety of our employees and candidates is our first priority. We closely monitor local, regional, and global conditions related to the pandemic, and your working location and/or roster as advertised in this advert may be temporarily subject to change to adhere to recommendations by health authorities and government regulations.
Primary Location: CL-CL-Santiago
Job Posting: Aug 17, 2021