TITLE: Project Associate
POSITION: Full-time permanent
LOCATION: Remote – Ideally located in Bend, Portland, Salt Lake City or Seattle START DATE: Flexible
Are you interested in conceptualizing and developing creative solutions to support positive environmental, economic, and social outcomes — with a focus on water issues in the western United States? AMP Insights (AMP) is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Project Associate to join our team.
AMP is a small consulting firm working with clients on some of the most challenging water, economic and natural resource management issues in unique, creative, and energizing ways. AMP offers over 60- years of combined experience in economic and social analysis of restoration, conservation, agriculture and water programs and projects in the western US and abroad. We offer clients multi-disciplinary expertise and experience in conservation, economics, law and policy, hydrology, and ecology, as well as a unique ability to quantify, manage, and communicate these complex matters. For more information on our organization and team, please visit our website at ampinsights.com.
The Project Associate will have a range of responsibilities including:
- Background research including literature review and data acquisition
- Preparation, QA/QC, cleaning, and manipulation of datasets
- Data analysis including statistical and regression analysis
- Preparation of spreadsheet models for use in building scenarios and evaluating performanceand/or alternatives
- Report and memo writing for a variety of audiences to convey results of research and analysis
- GIS mapping and spatial analysis (if relevant)
In addition, the ideal candidate would be:
- Able to work with the full spectrum of clients and stakeholders
- Creative and curious in their work
- Highly independent and able to work remotely and often self-directed
- Able to work on a variety of projects while meeting tight deadlines
- Adaptable to changing circumstances
- Willing to occasionally travelQUALIFICATIONS
- MA/MS degree in hydrological sciences, natural resources, water resources, environmental science or environmental economics (or other relevant field) or BA/BS degree in a relevant field with 3-5 years of work experience
- Experience with self-directed research projects and ability to work remotely with minimal in- person guidance and oversight
- Ability to work with a remote-based team
- Demonstrated interest in environmental water transactions and/or water management,particularly in the western United States
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Well organized, motivated, and detail-oriented
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite
- Experience with GIS, data management software and/or programming desired, but not required
Applicant must be located in the United States (US) and legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
Expected pay range of $55,000-$65,000. In addition, AMP offers a benefit package including healthcare, paid vacation and holidays, flexible working hours, retirement plan, professional development etc.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified applicants should send the following to [email protected]:
- A one-page cover letter expressing the applicant’s motivations for seeking the position, education and experience, and expectations for the position
- A resume (no more than two pages)
- A recent writing sample
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Due to volume and time constraints, applicants will receive only a confirmation that their application has been received. Further contact will only occur if an applicant is selected to move on to the interview phase of the hiring process. AMP is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, disability, nationality, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
For questions or additional information, please contact: [email protected]