Do you want to use your skills in fundraising partnerships to play a vital role in making clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone everywhere?
Join WaterAid as Business Development Manager to change normal for millions of people so they can unlock their potential, break free from poverty and change their lives for good. On top of that you’ll be joining a 2020 Great Place to Work® award-winning organisation.
Fundraising and Communications at WaterAid is ambitious, dynamic and rewarding. This role will be based in the 2020 Charity Times Fundraising Team of the year – the WaterAid Corporate Partnerships team. As a Business Development Manager award winning Corporate Partnerships team. The Corporate Partnerships Team develops high value, high impact strategic partnerships. This includes soliciting new and managing existing relationships designed to secure corporate donations, employee fundraising, fundraising products, and commercial opportunities including cause-related marketing. In developing new and existing partnerships the team also initiates dialogue and collaboration on policy and influencing, advocacy and technical service delivery.
As our dynamic and driven Business Development Manager, you will develop ambitious, strategic and innovative propositions for the private sector.
This is a permanent, full time role and will be based at WaterAid’s UK office in Canary Wharf with the option for home working initially.
How to Apply:
To see the full job pack, please click ‘Apply‘. Please apply by submitting your CV and a Cover letter into one document in either Word Document or PDF format. Applications will close at 9:00am on 18/10/2021. Availability for interview is required between 22/10/2021 and 05/11/2021. Applications will be reviewed on an on-going basis.
In this role, you will drive business development from a range of key sectors such as, finance, insurance and tech (subject to change) and secure annual and multi-year partnerships for WaterAid, each with a target value of a minimum of £100,000 per year (ideally £250,000+). This is likely to cover a broad spectrum of partnership types including corporate donations from corporate social responsibility and sustainability teams, cause-related marketing schemes, sponsorship, pro bono, employee engagement etc.
* Develop and manage the pipeline of potential high value, multi-year new business opportunities to ensure there is active movement and sufficient lead generation to deliver against planned growth and income.
* Attend networking events and conferences to build a network of contacts amongst potential partner companies and actively cultivate this network.
* Identify and research target companies to provide an informed approach.
* Develop and deliver tailored and compelling proposals and pitches. This will often involve drawing on the skills and knowledge of colleagues from around the organisation to create innovative and exciting proposals.
To be successful, you’ll need:
* An externally focused and proactive attitude, with the energy and passion to engage people and excite them about WaterAid
* Great presentation skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Proven experience of generating 5 and 6 figure new business contracts in corporate fundraising in the charity sector or in a commercial setting and proven ability to meet and exceed personal targets
* Experience in handling objections and negotiating successful mutually beneficial outcomes for internal and external relationships
* To be a confident networker, able to represent WaterAid at external events
Salary: £33,000 to £37,000 subject to experience with excellent benefits. WaterAid benefits include:
- 36 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Option to buy an extra 5 days annual leave
- We offer a generous pension plan with employer contribution of up to 10%
- Wide range of flexible and agile-working arrangements
- Season Ticket Loan
- Free annual eye tests
- Pay as You Give charitable giving scheme
- Enhanced Maternity and Adoption/Surrogacy pay, Shared Parental Leave and Paternity Leave
- Volunteer Day
WaterAid is currently located at Canary Wharf, London and this will be your location and contract base. Due to current restrictions on office capacity the majority of our staff are working from home. All aspects of this including how we are supporting homeworking and the office transition will be discussed at the interview stage with you.
Please note that we are unable to provide sponsorship for this post. In order to apply for this post, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.
WaterAid is committed to ensuring that wherever we work in the world there is no tolerance for the abuse of power, privilege or trust. WaterAid reinforces a culture of zero tolerance towards any form of inappropriate behaviour, abuse, harassment, or exploitation of any kind. The safeguarding of our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf, is our top priority and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff and volunteers are required to share in this commitment through our Global Code of Conduct. We will conduct the most appropriate pre-employment references and checks to ensure high standards are maintained.
WaterAid is an equal opportunities, disability-confident employer and committed to achieving the highest standards of diversity, fairness and equality. Should you have a disability and require any additional support, please contact us at [email protected].