Policy Officer (COP24)
Job Purpose and Background
CDP has a unique opportunity for a short-term Project Officer role in CDP’s UK Policy Engagement team. The role will mainly focus on supporting the team in their delivery of CDP’s participation in the COP24 climate negotiations in Katowice, but will also include assisting with policy related events, research and administrative activity; this opportunity will be ideal for someone who is looking for a hands-on starter role in an international organisation.
CDP’s Policy Engagement team is based in the London headquarters and provides central oversight of CDP’s relationships with policymakers around the world, supporting CDP programs and global offices to advance CDP’s mission.
Key responsibilities include:
- Delivery of events and administrative activity relating to COP24, managing this from London and working in partnership with delivery teams who will be in Katowice; and
- Working closely with other CDP staff who are involved in organizing CDP’s participation in COP24, to ensure effective and seamless overall CDP participation.
- Assisting with CDP’s annual forests policy event.
- Drafting internal updates on the latest policy developments, writing newsletters and material for the policy and public affairs section of CDP website and twitter account.
- Working with CDP’s database and analyzing data to contribute to policy briefings and reports.
Required skills and experience:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Strong stakeholder management and project management experience, including working internationally and across time zones;
- Interest in policy and influencing governments on climate change, forests and water;
- Experience of organizing events;
- Ability to work well to tight deadlines and in circumstances where things can change quickly, whilst ensuring attention to detail;
- Strong research and data analysis skills.
This is a fixed term contract of 2 months working full time during this period. The role will be based at CDP’s Central London office.
Salary and benefits: £22,000 per annum, 24 days’ holiday pro-rata, flexible working hours and others.
Interested applicants must be eligible to work legally in the UK.
Before you apply
We’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicants privacy notice. By emailing us your CV and covering letter, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
To apply please email your CV and a covering letter setting out how you meet the required skills and experience or key responsibilities, which should be no more than two pages, to firstname.lastname@example.org with COP24 Policy Officer in the subject. We are looking for an applicant who can begin as soon as possible, so whilst the deadline is 9am GMT+1 on 22nd October 2018, applicants will be interviewed on a rolling basis and an appointment may be made before the deadline.