Main area of focus: Finance and Compliance
Location: This opportunity is fully remote but it is required to work from the US, European or African timezones.
You’ll be the go-to admin for the Program Finance team to keep us operating smoothly.
As the Program Finance and Compliance Consultant (Remote), you’ll support our Program Finance team. You’ll be responsible for maintaining key program finance tools used to manage charity water funding that is deployed to the field. You’ll also support important aspects of compliance and auditing across partnerships to ensure policies are closely followed. You’ll support every member of the team with tasks ranging from grants management support to daily administrative needs. You’ll prepare financial and strategic analysis with programmatic financial data. We’re looking for a team player who is eager to learn our business and support where needed and a capable multitasker who can balance a variety of detailed tasks, while also managing larger projects.
YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR…
- Managing administrative needs for the sub-team of Program Finance, which sits within the larger Water Programs team. Supporting the organization of team meetings, presentations, and other administrative tasks.
- Maintaining Program Finance Excel tools, such as updating cost database, budget template, partner financial data tracking, exchange rate monitoring, etc., and creating new Excel tools as needed
- Serving as an important link to the Finance Department by providing cash-flow updates essential to the disbursement of funds to partners and collecting of all required compliance documentation across partners.
- Working closely with the Program Finance Analysts, VP of Program Operations, and other members of the Programs team to validate and maintain grants management data and related policies/processes.
- Supporting internal and independent partner audits of field offices in accordance with the annual audit plan.
- Serving as the primary point of contact for information requests (internal and external) and coordinating responses on behalf of the Program Finance team.
YOU MUST HAVE…
- A Bachelor’s degree required
- 2-3 years of experience in managing the administrative needs of a fast-paced team
- Demonstrated experience in project management and/or administrative coordination
- Demonstrated excellence with objective analysis and the proven ability to translate technical financial data into informative analysis
- Ability to comprehend complex data sets
- Advanced Excel skills
IT’S AN ADDED PLUS IF YOU HAVE…
- Advanced French writing, speaking and reading skills
- Experience in a compliance, audit or financial role
- A degree in finance, accounting or business-related field preferred
- Work experience with a non-profit in Africa and/or Asia
YOU’LL BE SUCCESSFUL IF…
You’re so organized
When something doesn’t have a place, you make one for it and teach others to keep it that way. You can handle and prioritize multiple projects of various origins at once. You can turn any meeting or email thread into actionable items for multiple people.
You get things done
You’re a multitasking machine. You follow through on every request, no matter how big or small. You keep your cool under pressure and know how to prioritize your responsibilities. And when you need help, you’re not afraid to ask.
You are customer service driven and an avid team player
You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced startup environment, with people who are passionate about their work and mission. You’re excited to support a team with a variety of requests. You’re confident in your skills and not afraid to speak your mind, but you know how to put the team first.
You know how to find and analyze information
You enjoy the thrill of finding information, analyzing it and organizing it to share your findings with others.
You’re a quick learner
You absorb information quickly and have the ability to confidently articulate the needs and vision of others. You make it your business to deeply understand roles and departments across the organization so you represent them with confidence.
You have experience and education to back you up
You have a college degree and previous administrative work under your belt, preferably for a non-profit organization.