WRc Group is one of the world’s most innovative and independent scientific and engineering consultancies. Founded 90 years ago, we have a unique heritage. We are trusted by Government, industry, regulators and the utilities to solve today’s most significant and urgent challenges in the fields of water, gas, waste and the natural environment.
Now part of the RSK Group, we have embarked on an ambitious plan that aims for significant growth and expansion. This will provide exciting opportunities for the right people to join us. You will play your part in our future by enabling us to achieve our commercial objectives through the delivery of customer-focused solutions. In return, you will be part of an organisation in which expertise is celebrated; an infectious passion for your specialist skill-set is actively welcomed, and drive and performance are rewarded.
The RSK Group is one of Europe’s fastest growing environmental, geotechnical and contaminated land consultancies, with offices in the UK, Europe and the Gulf. It provides a range of services for a wide range of clients within the property, manufacturing, oil, gas and energy sector. Since 1989, our philosophy has remained the same: employ, develop and retain talented people. Working for RSK is an opportunity to evolve as a professional, to innovate and to make a difference.
Our success is founded on the talent of our employees, so we recognise the importance of personal growth, encouragement and earned rewards. As a company, we want you to share in our achievements and we want to be a conduit for your success.
Exploring innovations? Selling your ideas? Solving Problems?
Does this sound like you? If you’re genuinely passionate about delivering water quality modelling-based solutions in a fast-moving, client-led consultancy environment, we’d like to hear more about you.
We are currently looking to recruit a high quality numerate Consultant Scientist with a background in Modelling (sewers, rivers and/or catchments), Geographical Information Systems (GIS), Geomatics, or Environmental Science to work in our Water and Environment Business.
In return, we’ll make a difference to your career. We’ll develop you, encourage you and support you. Ours is a fast growing team, with a world of opportunity and growth ahead.
Working mostly for the water industry and its regulators in the UK, we are also involved with projects with partners across Europe whilst extending our capability into other sectors.
The nature of the work is likely to involve:
- Hydraulic and water quality modelling using water industry and in-house modelling packages.
- Compiling and assessing data and other information, either directly from our clients, or through literature and other searches.
- Data processing, analysis and interpretation of data in GIS, databases or spread sheets.
- Development of tools to automate analysis and other workflows.
As part of the WRc/RSK team you’ll be offered a superb and challenging working environment where new ideas are encouraged. When you join us you will benefit from attending a number of structured training modules covering a range of management, business and IT skills, as well as receiving on the job training. Your continuing development will be regularly supported by your line manager who will not only assess your performance but will help you formulate a training plan which matches your career aspirations. It will be challenging but it will also be exciting and you will learn new skills.
To apply you will have:
- Ideally 3-8 years’ experience in the water industry working in a river/sewer/catchment hydrology, hydraulic and/or WQ modelling team.
- Minimum 2:1 degree or a higher degree in Environmental Science/Catchment Management, Engineering, GIS, Geomatics, Geography or related discipline
- Understanding and experience of water quality issues.
- Strong GIS skills with ESRI ArcGIS Desktop
- Programming skills ideally with either Python, VB.NET or VBA
- Good database and SQL skills with either MS Access (preferred), SQL Server, or another comparable database.
- Numeracy skills with statistics experience.
You should also be able to demonstrate the following:
- Eligibility to work permanently in the UK.
- A commitment for technical excellence within your discipline.
- Self-motivation and the ability to work with a moderate level of supervision.
- Exceptional team working skills.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- A systematic logical approach to problem solving.
- Good attention to detail.
- The ability to prioritise and manage your time effectively to meet deadlines and client needs.
- The ability to think innovatively.
Our office base is in Swindon, Wiltshire, and your salary will be negotiable based on experience together with excellent training and development opportunities.
Other benefits include:
- £commensurate with experience
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private health care
- Regular training and career development a
- Active Sports and Social Club
- Subsidised on-site staff restaurant
- Free Parking
- On-site gardening club & allotments
- Regular offers through RSK Group (e.g. Tastecard, Gym membership, Holidays and Entertainment)
- Office location with easy M4 access / excellent travel links
At RSK we operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation, adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all. The company prides itself on providing employees with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development and enabling them to reach their full potential. Listed as being in the top 3 environmental consultancies and listed in the Sunday Times PwC Top Track 250, there has never been a more exciting time to join.
Furthermore, retaining our employees is the building block of a successful organisation and we want to ensure you maintain a healthy work life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working, social activities, and community involvement projects.
RSK is also committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer